• ...and so much more!
  • AppliedB

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This will be a 5 stage SCSA sanctioned match with at least two SCSA classifier stages.

Gates open at 9am.

Registration opens at 10am.

Match starts at 11am.

Maximum of 3 guns per shooter. First gun is $20, each additional gun is $5

Setup will be Friday, 5/24, at 5pm.

We are always in need of ROs so if you are willing to run a squad let us know. ROs shoot free.

Empty Chamber Indicators (often called ECIs or Chamber Flags) are mandatory for long guns per SCSA rules. They are not required but are highly recommended for handguns that are cased between stages.

https://www.practiscore.com/wvrpc-steel-challenge-match-5-25-19/register

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Does anyone know about the IDPA match at Wildcat this weekend? I can't find a link or pre registration or even if they still have it.

AppliedB

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Where is wildcats?

found it, bout 2 hr from us. What does it cost to get qualified?

Wildcat Valley Rifle/Pistol Club is near Brookston IN. The address and other information can be found at their website: Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club

I don’t know what you mean by qualified but if you’re referring to membership at Wildcat you can find that info at the website under the “Membership Information” tab.

Rio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2017
    SE Indiana
    sorry, I don’t know a lot about steel challenge. I read mention of qualifiers and thought that was like some other matches I have shot where you shoot a stage and based on your score you get ranked in a class.

truth is my two kids and I have been shooting small club matches and would like to try steel challenge. I just don’t know much about it.,

AppliedB

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    sorry, I don’t know a lot about steel challenge. I read mention of qualifiers and thought that was like some other matches I have shot where you shoot a stage and based on your score you get ranked in a class.

truth is my two kids and I have been shooting small club matches and would like to try steel challenge. I just don’t know much about it.,

Ok, my apologies for misunderstanding.

Three of the stages tomorrow are classifiers. After shooting four different classifier stages in a specific division you can receive a classification if you are a USPSA/SCSA member (USPSA owns Steel Challenge so being a member of one automatically makes you a member in the other).

If you’d like to know details about getting classified and/or becoming a member you can visit Steel Challenge Shooting Association Home Page - US Practical Shooting Assocation

Steel Challenge is a great sport to start in as the rules and style of shooting are simple for beginners. Despite being simple, performing at a high level is still very challenging so it has something to offer all skill levels.

Top Bottom