• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pop361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2019
    Dune Acres
    Hey all, brand new to the forum and I am not sure where I’d post.

Im in the process of moving to NWI and I am looking for a place to shoot. I am currently living in IL and shoot at Aurora Sportsman’s Club (great facility). The closest to me as far as I can tell will be North Porter Conservation Club. Is anyone here a member? Just wondering what it’s like

I really appreciate any info

best
    Pop361

shoot safe!!

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    For the most part, uspsa, outlaw steel and steel challenge matches fill up fast.

I shoot there as a non member

Last I heard theres a long waiting list to become a member.

:cheers:

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I am about 3 hours away but shoot IDPA there every couple years and the last time I was there they were just opening up some new bays. So my limited experience has been good. If you want to shoot in any of the sports they run there give it a try. If you don't shoot any particular sport I would guess you could show up and be a spectator, the other clubs I shoot at are good with that. So pick a sport you think you would like and go see how it is run. Jim.

autogun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 30, 2016
    NWI
    Membership is full at the moment but opens up periodically. Once you have moved to Indiana, get an Indiana license to carry. If you apply for membership, assuming future openings, you will need to show you are a proper person, i.e., not a prohibited person. The easiest way to do that is to show your Indiana license to carry. The club has IDPA and USPwhatever, 3 gun, trap and other matches open to the public so you can see what it is like and meet some members. Enjoy Indiana.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    NPCCC matches are open to non members.

sorry, i forget that people want to go a range and blast away without being at a match

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Aurora is a gorgeous club, nothing near that nice here in IN. You can check out Michigan City Rifle Club, open to new members, outdoor pistol and rifle and indoor pistol ranges.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    the OP hasnt mentioned where in indiana he's moving to, (assuming it's in NWI), and didnt mention if he was interested in competition, plinking, trap/skeet, long range
    wildcat valley in brookston in
    michigan city in laporte
    warsaw in warsaw

all are within a 2 hr drive of NWI.

today i met a guy at the michigan city rimfire match that drove 4 1/2 hrs from iowa to shoot.

Pop361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2019
    Dune Acres
    Thx for all the info. Will be basically in Chesterton. Haven’t done much match shooting yet. Might need to check out mich city. Thx all!

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    Thx for all the info. Will be basically in Chesterton. Haven’t done much match shooting yet. Might need to check out mich city. Thx all!

if you are interested in shooting competition, steel challenge or NPCCC outlaw steel is a good way to get started.

NPCCC shoots outlaw steel, mich city shoots rimfire challenge 22LR pistol and rifle on the 2nd sat (today)
    next sat is NPCCC sanctioned steel challenge match,
    SAM in knox is having a steel match on the 19th (contact whip mccord here on INGO for more info)
    wildcat valley in brookston steel match is the 25th.
    NPCCC outlaw shoots 3 strings at each stage so you only need 3 10 rd (minimum) mags, other steel matches shoot 5 strings at each stage.

i probably enjoy shooting steel than i do the USPSA matches that ive been shooting for 25 years.

i hit 3 or 4 steel matches and at least 1 USPSA match per month

centerfire pistol draws from a holster, RF pistol is shot from low ready.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Hey all, brand new to the forum and I am not sure where I’d post.

Im in the process of moving to NWI and I am looking for a place to shoot. I am currently living in IL and shoot at Aurora Sportsman’s Club (great facility). The closest to me as far as I can tell will be North Porter Conservation Club. Is anyone here a member? Just wondering what it’s like

I really appreciate any info

best
    Pop361

shoot safe!!

As mentioned membership is full at this time, there are requirements for membership like shooting a few matches to show you are proficient and safe with a firearm, volunteer hours, and needing to be sponsored by a member.

Matches are open to the public. USPSA is the first Sunday of the month April-November. The match is typically full a day or two after opening up on practiscore, but there is a waitlist and we typically don't have to turn people away.

Steel matches and IDPA are on other weekends.

Come out for a match and check out the place when you get settled in.

Top Bottom