• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Riley Conservation Club is hosting match this Saturday May 18. Format is "Half & Half", meaning you will engage 5 targets at each of 4 distances during each of your 3 strings of fire. Round count is 60, plus sighters. There will be a 6 minute sight in period when you come to the line for the first time. If you haven't attended this type event, come out and try it, we have a lot of fun, it is a challenging course of fire, and your squad mates will (great people) will help walk you through a new experience. Match typically runs about 4 hours, followed by a short recap meeting & payout. Soft drinks & water are available in clubhouse, bring your own snacks.

Setup will be 5:30 Friday evening with practice to follow.

Registration 9:30-10 am
    Shooters meeting 10:15
    Shoot for score 10:30

Adults $15
    Stand alone junior $10
    Junior with paid adult-- free

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I spent all afternoon working on a new location for the 75 yard targets, one that is a bit more user friendly as well as setup friendly. Holy cow, I need to write a primer on what not to do. by the time I was done, I had hours involved, and had learned that I should have done a mock up version first that would have saved time, money, and heavy lifting versus the way I did it. End result, I incorporated suggestions from fellow shooters and we will now have a 75y target that isn't mickey moused with backers.
    Nest up on improvement....we're looking at a specific 75y berm that will make set up even easier.....stay tuned.

Hope to see a good turnout Saturday, it's going to be good weather and we're going to have a good match, newbies still welcome.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Thanks for setting that up, you also made the targets bigger at 75 yards right......? Measure once and cut seven times, always worked pretty good for me... ;)

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Match results are up on the RCC website for both the May matches.

www.Rileycc.com/match-results/ Then click on "22 Long Range Rifle", then click on the match date.

Congrats to Gary Chaney for winning both classes with fine scores. 2nd Sucks award to Rich Hawkins for missing his final shot and dropping into a tie with Gary (who won the tiebreaker).

Top Bottom