• ...and so much more!
  • natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Hey all,

I should have thought about posting this earlier, but this Saturday, June 1, ISRPA will be hosting the 2019 Indiana Governor's Cup RMC Match. Following the match, we will BBQ something or another that you'll almost certainly want to eat. Please let me know if you're vegan, and I'll direct you to the nearest patch of grass...there's a lot down there. ;)

On Sunday, we will also be shooting a no-sighter CMP EIC match. It is only in these EIC matches that you can earn "Legs" toward's your Distinguished Badge. I highly recommend you plan to shoot both matches if you are serious about the second one.

The weekend's matches will be conducted on Silver Mountain electronic targets. It is very handy for you to bring some type of wi-fi capable device like a DumbPhone, iPad, tablet...basically anything that is decent at wi-fi and can open an internet browser window.

The SMT targets remove the need for the shooter to run pit service, speed up the match, arguably increase the accuracy of scores, and are just generally a cool way to shoot.

Match bulletins for the year's ISRPA matches are here:

https://isrpa.wildapricot.org/resources/Documents/2019/ISRPA HIGHPOWER 2019 Match Bulletin.pdf

If you would like to shoot this weekend, we'd very much like you to pre-register so that we can plan for numbers. That can be done here:

https://isrpa.wildapricot.org/event-3370579

For those not familiar, these are registered "Highpower" matches. We shoot centerfire rifles between .22 and .30 caliber at "bull" targets from 200 yards through 600 yards. The stages of fire involve sitting, standing, rapidfire, and prone. Scores in this type of shooting were (are) classically viewed as the best indicator of a rifleman's general ability to hit what needs hit. It's pretty fair to say that somebody that can shoot Highpower at the 90%+ can hold their own with most needs for a rifle.

The USMC "Expert" qualification--a very similar way of shooting--equated to about 88% on these Courses of Fire. Their program may have changed now, but that type of training is a large part of the worldwide legacy of fear that precedes the Corps in a gunfight.

-Nate

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    One of these days I'll get my butt out to shoot these matches. I'm missing Atterbury's grass (not to eat though).

I am putting together a 6.5CM that should work nicely at those distances.

Top Bottom