Anyone a regular sporting clay shooter at IGC?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sempreobie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Boone County

My son (age 13) and I shot sporting clays with my cousin over in Oakland, Illinois (Olde Barn) last fall. He really enjoyed the sport and did well for his first time (I believe he shot a 38/100), so I recently purchased us some rounds of sporting clays at the IGC.

We have not shot at IGC before and am wondering if anyone would be interested in shooting a round with us, i.e. guide us through the course, i.e., shots per station, trap operation, etc.

Any advice would also be appreciated.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    I would venture to say there aren't a lot of regular clay shooters on the shooting sports thread. I am not a regular clay shooter, but have shot @ IGC numerous times. You will have no problems figuring it out. They're also very helpful, and they do have a pro you can take lessons with if you are interested. It's a great facility. Marion County Fish & Game shoots trap on Thursdays and it would be stock full of people who shoot clays regularly. I highly recommend going there sometime if you have an interest in the shotgun sports.

Enjoy your time with your son!

sempreobie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Boone County
    Thanks J. If I have an opportunity to get over there on a weekday, I'll definitely give you a shout. Being from the NW side, we'll most likely try to squeeze in rounds on the weekends. In your opinion, what is the best day/time on the weekend?

jshaver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    Since I've never shot on a weekend, I can't really answer for weekends. Weekdays tend to depend on the weather. They are only open Wednesday-Sunday, but I hear activity on the clays range today - probably a corporate event.

Top Bottom