• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    RCC is hosting a rifle match on Wed June 5. Setup at 4:30pm, shooting can begin at 5:30. This month we are shooting the original format "Varmint Hunt" and shooters will engage 20 targets at multiple distances during each of their 3 stages. Varmint hunt is the most challenging of the 3 we offer this year. This is a classifier match for those wanting to go from Standard class to Master. Come out & shoot, it'll be fun. As always, we will have Lewis style payback.

One note--the mosquitos can be vicious as the evening progresses. Advise shooters to wear long pants, long sleeves, a hat with a neck shade or a light towel to drape over head & neck, and of course some good bug spray. The 5:30 start time helps get us out of there well before dark.

Adults $15
    Stand alone juniors $10
    Juniors with paid adult- free

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Are we shooting from bipod and or bags? Is it a 60 round course all together? Will my rem 700 VLS in 22-250 be okay? 2 hr drive so I want to bring right stuff.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Are we shooting from bipod and or bags? Is it a 60 round course all together? Will my rem 700 VLS in 22-250 be okay? 2 hr drive so I want to bring right stuff.

You can shoot using a bipod or a bag with no rear support except your body. 60 round course of fire (3 relays of 20 shots). It is a 22lr only (no high velocity 22lr ammo, stingers etc.)event.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Fun match even with us having to wait out the rain a bit. Apparently counting is hard for me since I shot 2 wrong targets.... :dunno:

219DW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2018
    Kokomo
    Very proud of my Grandson hitting 53/60 his first time out. He lost 3 targets at the end of his first 20 otherwise he probably would have beat Grandpa. He thinks he can hit them all now, we'll see.
    Dave

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Congratulations to the high shooters of this event. Full results aren't ready yet, but several notable scores to headline.

Top score went to "Mad Max" Hoopengarner with a 56x60 in Master class. Max ran his final stage to gain his first win. Perpetual "2nd Sucks" Rich Hawkins followed with a 52.

Standard class winner was septegenarian Dave Wood with a 54, follwed closely by his 13 year old grandson Wyatt with 53 in his first match. Wyatt only fired 57 shots...he ran out of time on the first stage after losing track of the elevation and took 3 goose eggs.

Again, congrats to some fine scores and well earned honors.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Position #1 shoots target #1, position #2 shoots target #2,....

I know, it's hard to keep up...hahaha

I'm not much smart. Next time I will write my shooting position on my hand with a permanent marker. This is a really fun format and a great bunch of guys to shoot with. If you are even remotely curious come out and shoot a match with us. We'll walk you through all the stages and you will have fun, I certainly enjoy my time at the range with everyone. Awesome shooting Max, 219DW and your Grandson, looking forward to another one! Hawkeye, please bring crayons next time so I can understand course of fire better for the next match :):

Top Bottom