• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    When: July 7 2019
    Setup: 8-9 AM
    Shooters Meeting and Safety Briefing: as SOON AS REGISTRATION IS COMPLETE!!
    Stages: 5 COF
    Round Count: 117
    Where: Atlanta Conservation Club, 29595 Leonard Rd, Atlanta, IN 46031

Match Fee: $20/ $15 to ACC Members; $3 open bolt indicators. This is a volunteer sport and we humble request anyone with a certification in running shooters (doesn't matter which sport) to register as a CSO so we can have a depth of folks to help run shooters. The goal is not to have one person doing it all day for his squad. As always CSO's shoot for FREE!

The URL to per-register is:

https://practiscore.com/acc-carbine-match-7-7-19/register

Weather can sometime be an issue, on days that weather is a concern please check INGunOwners - Indiana Gun Owners Community under "shooting sports" for any cancellations. Also, we will send out
    a broadcast email to all those who register in the event of cancellations.

Open bolt indicators are mandatory for this match and will try to have a limited number for sale for $3. However, please bring your own if you have one. On arrival at match, please leave guns bagged until directed otherwise.

The safety briefing is MANDATORY for all shooters, miss the briefing miss the match!

If you want more information on the match please see the word document attachment in practice score link. It contains a wealth of information about the concept behind this.

Classifications:
    Modern Carbine with Optics (ar-15/etc)
    Modern Carbine no Optic (ar-15/etc)
    World War II (M1 Carbine, K98, etc)
    Main Battle Rifle (.308 - FAL/SCAR-H/etc)
    Pistol Caliber Carbine (9mm/.40/.45 ACP)
    AK Style Carbine (7.62/5.45)

If you have any additional questions you can email us at: carbine.shooters@yahoo.com . However, we will be checking this account sporadically in the weeks leading up to the match and then DAILY the week before the match.

Last edited:

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I won't be able to make it to this one, but hope to in the near future. Do you have a rules/equipment list anywhere and a mailing list I can get on?

Thanks

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    I don't shoot on Sunday or I would be so in. :dunno: I don't mean that as a condemnation or complaint, I just know these events only continue if people voice their interest so I am expressing my interest to carbine matches being offered even more often! Love to shoot them. I do vote for Saturday though ;)

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I don't shoot on Sunday or I would be so in. :dunno: I don't mean that as a condemnation or complaint, I just know these events only continue if people voice their interest so I am expressing my interest to carbine matches being offered even more often! Love to shoot them. I do vote for Saturday though ;)

Any chance that you can apply to be a match Director and run a Sunday match ?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Damn. Just saw this was a Sunday and not a Saturday. I’m out. I run multimedia at church and I don’t have a backup that* week so I’m tied up.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010

Look at the calendar for the club:

https://www.atlantaconservationclub.com/event-calendar

See any free Saturdays the next three months out? ;-) We gladly accept any date the BOD allows us to run a match and always try to put on a safe and fun event. However, to your point I fully understand/accept because it is on a Sunday turn out will always be lite and that is just the nature of the beast. We tried to put on some winter match: but the weather didn't corporate much this year.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Look at the calendar for the club:

https://www.atlantaconservationclub.com/event-calendar

See any free Saturdays the next three months out? ;-) We gladly accept any date the BOD allows us to run a match and always try to put on a safe and fun event. However, to your point I fully understand/accept because it is on a Sunday turn out will always be lite and that is just the nature of the beast. We tried to put on some winter match: but the weather didn't corporate much this year.

I personally hold no ill will even though I cant make it due to church commitments. it is what it is.

And I also understand Joe's reasoning for not allowing PCC during the IDPA matches. (already a huge match and the added time and setup required to include PCC isnt worth the hassle nor increasing the duration of the matches) I dont like it, but I dont blame him one bit.

And thank you for stepping up and giving us an outlet for a chance to run our carbines.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    No worries and as a board member of ACC I can assure you we are always entertaining new members that want to step up and be match directors and run a standalone match themselves on a Sunday A PCC match only, or bullseye, or rim fire precision. We are wide open for members to be part of the solution.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Are these matches all standing CQB stuff, or are there longer range rifle shots included?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    I appreciate your kind words and thank you for the continued support. We are very fortunate to have a facility & membership that steps up and puts on these events. The fact that we have a packed calendar of varied shooting sports is a huge success. It brings in revenue, new shooters, drives membership engagement, and promotes gun friendly activities is a win for everyone.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Are these matches all standing CQB stuff, or are there longer range rifle shots included?

Max target range will be 50 yard shots: most will be within the 20 yard range (Are you sure of your holder overs ? :-) . We have three of the 5 COF finalized. Hope to have everything flushed out before the fourth. Weather is looking awesome with a high of mid 70's.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Max target range will be 50 yard shots: most will be within the 20 yard range (Are you sure of your holder overs ? :-) . We have three of the 5 COF finalized. Hope to have everything flushed out before the fourth. Weather is looking awesome with a high of mid 70's.

Copy that, looking forward to it. No payment link on the practiscore, cash in hand day of?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    I see a few people registered multiple times, can you bring two rifles (AR, and PCC) and shoot both?

No - One registration and one gun only please. Probably a technical issue if folks are registered multiple times. Something I will have to work through later

Thanks!

Top Bottom