• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    We are shooting three divisions, Center Fire Pistol Iron Sites, Rimfire Pistol Iron Sites, and Rimfire Rifle Open.

Set-up begins at 9am, shooters meeting at 9:25am and 1st shots at 9:30 am

Riley Conservation Club near Terre Haute, IN. Go to
    Riley Conservation Club | Indiana Shooting Range | Terre Haute Indiana
    for directions. The event will be held in Pistol Bay 3. We will have this event on the 4th Sunday of the month, in June, July, Aug, Sept & Oct

Newbies are encouraged to attend. We will have a Shooters meeting including a review of all rules and then start with the pistol divisions and finish with the rifle division.

The tournament is a double elimination bracket. Each shooter gets to shoot at least twice per division. The first round winners shoot against each other and the round losers will shoot against each other.

At the end of shooting 3 divisions we normally have the targets available for practice or some fun matches. Bring plenty of ammunition for the event or the after-party.

The cost is $10 per division and we pay back 50% to the top 3 finishers in each division. It is easier to award money than buying crap you don't want. $10 is the cheapest bowling pin match in the area.

This is a cold range event. We don't want anybody shot. Keep your guns unloaded and holster or bagged at all times, chamber flags are recommended. That means starting from the time you remove the gun from your car until you are directed by the range officer to prepare for the course of fire. Please have a holster or bag for your gun and a separate container for your magazines. Handling of your gun is strictly prohibited except under direction of the range officer. The range officer is responsible for a safe event and I promise the range officer will be a nice guy. If you need to handle your gun out side the course of fire, we have safe tables close where you can do that in the absence of ammunition.

If you have any questions please leave your questions here or email

terrehautegolf@gmail.com

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    We are shooting three divisions, Center Fire Pistol Iron Sites, Rimfire Pistol Iron Sites, and Rimfire Rifle Open.

Set-up begins at 9am, shooters meeting at 9:25am and 1st shots at 9:30 am

Riley Conservation Club near Terre Haute, IN. Go to
    Riley Conservation Club | Indiana Shooting Range | Terre Haute Indiana
    for directions. The event will be held in Pistol Bay 3. We will have this event on the 4th Sunday of the month, in June, July, Aug, Sept & Oct

Newbies are encouraged to attend. We will have a Shooters meeting including a review of all rules and then start with the pistol divisions and finish with the rifle division.

The tournament is a double elimination bracket. Each shooter gets to shoot at least twice per division. The first round winners shoot against each other and the round losers will shoot against each other.

At the end of shooting 3 divisions we normally have the targets available for practice or some fun matches. Bring plenty of ammunition for the event or the after-party.

The cost is $10 per division and we pay back 50% to the top 3 finishers in each division. It is easier to award money than buying crap you don't want. $10 is the cheapest bowling pin match in the area.

This is a cold range event. We don't want anybody shot. Keep your guns unloaded and holster or bagged at all times, chamber flags are recommended. That means starting from the time you remove the gun from your car until you are directed by the range officer to prepare for the course of fire. Please have a holster or bag for your gun and a separate container for your magazines. Handling of your gun is strictly prohibited except under direction of the range officer. The range officer is responsible for a safe event and I promise the range officer will be a nice guy. If you need to handle your gun out side the course of fire, we have safe tables close where you can do that in the absence of ammunition.

If you have any questions please leave your questions here or email

terrehautegolf@gmail.com

I assume Revolver can play. Real pins on 4 foot tables at 21’?

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    I assume Revolver can play. Real pins on 4 foot tables at 21’?

Yes, revolvers are welcome. We will be shooting at approximately 25 feet. I'm not sure of the height, but the table tops are 4 x 8 plywood. We set with 5 pins, we allow 3 magazines for both centerfire and rimfire pistol divisions and 6 rounds per magazine. (or if you're shooting revolver, 18 rounds, no more than six loaded at a time). For rimfire rifle, we allow 18 rounds in whatever way you wish to load them.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Yes, revolvers are welcome. We will be shooting at approximately 25 feet. I'm not sure of the height, but the table tops are 4 x 8 plywood. We set with 5 pins, we allow 3 magazines for both centerfire and rimfire pistol divisions and 6 rounds per magazine. (or if you're shooting revolver, 18 rounds, no more than six loaded at a time). For rimfire rifle, we allow 18 rounds in whatever way you wish to load them.

Pins are set at front of table and will have to all hit the ground to score?

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    Pins are set at front of table and will have to all hit the ground to score?

For .22 rifle and pistol, we shoot pin heads and they are set 1 foot from the back edge of the table. For centerfire pistol, they are set according to the caliber you are shooting, 9 mm will shoot at pins 1 foot from back of the table, .40 S&W will be set 2 feet from the back of the table, any caliber larger than .40 S&W will be set 3 feet from the back of the table. All pins or pin heads must be knocked off the table. If both shooters fail to knock all the pins off the table, it will be the shooter that knocked the most pins off the table. We randomly populate the shooting bracket to see who you shoot against. For each position on the bracket, the 2 shooters shoot a best 2 out of 3 runs to determine who advances in the bracket. The looser of that shoot, falls into the lower bracket, where they advance if they win, but are done if they get beaten a 2nd time. It's lots of fun, it pays back CASH if you finish in the top 3 and we get to destroy some EVIL bowling pins. It's a Drag Race with GUNS!!!!!

Please note the rule change for pistols, we no longer allow optics in the pistol divisions.

If enough people are interested, we might have a PCC division at our future shoots.

Last edited:

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    Shooters, please note a couple of rule changes from our previous years' shoots. Rimfire and Centerfire pistols may NOT have any optics. IRON sights only. For all pistol divisions, we are allowing 3 loaded magazines, containing no more than 6 rounds per magazine. You may not set out more than 3 magazines (if you drop a loaded magazine in front of the shooters box and you can't reach it from inside the shooters box, you can't use it that round.)

We will also shoot a best 2 out of 3 strings to determine a winner for each position in the bracket. If you have 3 or more magazines, that works best. If you don't, you will need to load your magazines as quickly as possible after each string of fire to keep the match moving.

Pins must be knocked off the table to count as hit. The RO and Match Director will make the call on "WHO" won a string if it's close. In the event we can't determine a winner for that string, it will be shot again. (We do our best, but occasionally, it's too close to call)

New shooters are welcome, be sure to ask questions.

FINALLY, we operate our range as a COLD RANGE, don't arrive with a LOADED FIREARM. You may have loaded magazines, but don't show up with a LOADED GUN! We will go over safety rules at the shooters meeting. If you VIOLATE a safety rule you will be Disqualified for the Day. We must observe and strictly enforce safety rules for the well being of all in attendance. Spectators are welcome, but everyone must have and wear Eye and Ear protection.

I will watch this weekends weather and try to make a call by 8AM SUNDAY if we are going to cancel the match. If I haven't posted anything by 8am, then we are going to try to get the match in. We do have a large carport that can accommodate 8 to 10 shooters, but hopefully we won't need it for rain.

You may park at the clubhouse or down the road behind the clubhouse, please do not park inside or block any of the bays.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I plan on being there with a wheel gun. I might have an auto in my bag in case I change my mind and go to the darkside

Top Bottom