Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Today I received my email on how to vote for USPSA President.

My voting is complete.

I hope every USPSA member votes.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This is the first time I am not voting . . . because my membership has lapsed. Otherwise, I would have voted already.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I got the email.....this is my very first time voting.

Is there a place where I can get info about the people involved? Or is that provided on the link USPSA emailed to me?

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Meh. Not voting for Valentine.

Foley has done a good job getting the organization straightened out. However, I believe a consistent rule set is USPSA's most important deliverable to it's members. In that regard, I think Foley and DNROI have done a poor job. There are a few things I disagree with but the biggest fault I see is the rulebook has no reliable document control. I have no issues with an all electronic copy but it's imperative changes are appropriately documented and easily accessible. Multiple times I've opened the app and seen a "A newer version is available!" message, only to download and open the rulebook to see the same January 2019 date and Digital Version 1. Did something change? The membership has no way to know. It's disappointing. The rulebook got a big refresh for 2019 but I question investing the time to review it when I don't trust that it will be the same the next time I open it.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Meh. Not voting for Valentine.

Voted for Valentine.

No issues with Foley personally but would rather feel like I belonged to a club than an oligarchy. Want to make major changes that effect every match (PCC, Welfare optics, no rule books, etc) , that is fine - get on the computer and let the members vote on what they want and do not want. Obviously we know how to let people vote on important things.

Other thing that makes me crazy is r.o. training. There are still a lot of matches where you can't have fun because there are only 2 or 3 folks on the squad who know how to r.o. and score keep. Why this club has not taken advantage of You-tube & etc for explaining stuff, like the rest of the 12 years and older semi civilized world, is beyond me, not saying that you certify anybody without a class but you can do a great deal to educate the masses with a very modest expenditure and a very short time.

Not sure the other guy will help with what bugs me but figure a slim chance beats zero chance.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Voted for Valentine.

No issues with Foley personally but would rather feel like I belonged to a club than an oligarchy. Want to make major changes that effect every match (PCC, Welfare optics, no rule books, etc) , that is fine - get on the computer and let the members vote on what they want and do not want. Obviously we know how to let people vote on important things.

Other thing that makes me crazy is r.o. training. There are still a lot of matches where you can't have fun because there are only 2 or 3 folks on the squad who know how to r.o. and score keep. Why this club has not taken advantage of You-tube & etc for explaining stuff, like the rest of the 12 years and older semi civilized world, is beyond me, not saying that you certify anybody without a class but you can do a great deal to educate the masses with a very modest expenditure and a very short time.

Not sure the other guy will help with what bugs me but figure a slim chance beats zero chance.

I get what you are saying here and even agree with most. But I don't feel it is a lack of availability for the knowledge of how to help or become an RO, but more likely a lack of effort in learning. Most want to pay and shoot, Most have jobs and family pulling them in different directions. We still need and want them shooting so the load tends to fall more on the few than the majority. But yes this is a volunteer sport and needs all the help we can get.

Top Bottom