• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Steel Challenge
    This Saturday, July 6th, WRPC will be hosting our monthly steel match. We will have four stages setup on the upper range (drive to the right). Minimum round count is 100. We recommend you bring 150-200 rounds of ammo for the match, you can always take extra back home.
    Registration opens at 9:00 AM
    Shooters meeting is at 9:45 AM
    First shots are fired at 10:00 AM
    $10 per gun, $5 for juniors. (Limit of 2 guns per shooter)
    Hope to see you on the range!

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    Out of curiosity... Could I shoot an AR15 with a 22 conversion kit in it?

I have a 556 that I sometimes throw a 22 conversion bolt into

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Out of curiosity... Could I shoot an AR15 with a 22 conversion kit in it?

I have a 556 that I sometimes throw a 22 conversion bolt into

Yeah, rimfire rifle optics or irons depending on what you have for sights on it.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Are spectators welcome?

Yes but eye and ear protection is still required.
    Steel Challenge is pretty easy to get the hang of so if you have a pistol, rimfire rifle, or PCC, sign up and shoot. Just let us know you are new and we'll help you along the way.

Is this event open to the public?

Yes, scheduled events like Steel Challenge, USPSA, and NRA High Power are open to the public.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Steel Challenge is pretty easy to get the hang of so if you have a pistol, rimfire rifle, or PCC, sign up and shoot. Just let us know you are new and we'll help you along the way.

Yes, scheduled events like Steel Challenge, USPSA, and NRA High Power are open to the public.

Thanks for the info. I am going to try to be there. Don't know if I'll watch or participate.

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone

I would like to add that my first shoot was a steel challenge at WRPC 2 months ago. Since then I've shot 2 USPSA matches there and will shoot steel there this Saturday.

When I asked about watching they told me the same thing "if you have a gun just sign up and shoot".

I was super nervous but I decided if I was there I might as well throw some lead downrange. It took me til the morning of the match to decide I was willing to shoot and I raced on down to Big R in Warsaw right before the match to get a holster and just barely made it to the match on time.

Best decision I made.

I don't care what type of gun you have, bring it out and shoot! You will have an awesome time and everyone there will treat you well.

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    Thanks for the info. I am going to try to be there. Don't know if I'll watch or participate.

Thanks for coming out today Martin. I met you but didn't squad with you. I hope you had a great time! We had 3 first time Steel Challenge shooters in our squad today as well and it went great.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Thanks to everyone at the Warsaw Rifle & Pistol Club for the welcome I got as a first time shooter today. I had a great time and met some really nice folks.

Top Bottom