• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    Please contribute to this and I will modify this post with information for other shooters.

Please note: Match dates can change. Please review the clubs website to confirm the most up to date information regarding match times and dates

Multiple event shooting opportunities:

Bend of the River conservation club
    Just over Michigan border off hwy 31
    Check facebook page for event dates
    USPSA IDPA Steel Challenge
    http://www.borcc.org/

Atlanta Conservation Club has something every week end pretty much
    Event calendar on website
    https://www.atlantaconservationclub.com/

Wildcat Valley in Brookston just west of Delphi has IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, High Power, Multigun, SASS.

Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club

North North Porter County Has USPSA, IDPA, others possible including 3 gun
    USPSA Steel Challenge IDPA

North Porter County Conservaton Club - USPSA

Warsaw Rifle and Pistol Club
    USPSA Steel Challenge
    Warsaw Rifle and Pistol Club

Fort Wayne Club
    USPSA
    https://fwrrclub.org/
    fwuspsa on facebook.

Looking for info on clubs in the top half of Indiana or thereabouts that shoot USPSA, IPSC, IDPA, Steel Challenge. If some clubs keep an online calendar of events that's fine too. I just want to shoot more matches and am having a lot of trouble finding much of anything through practiscore and other sites like it. I wouldn't mind if the powers that be from each shooting organization made all clubs who held matches post their times and dates all in one place

Last edited:

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    There are many opportunities through out Northern Indiana.

between USPSA, Steel Challenge, IDPA, SASS, GSSF.

I recommend using practiscore.com for searching.

You can shoot a match in the northern 1/3 of Indiana every Saturday and Sunday from April thru October (weather permitting)

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    Fort Wayne USPSA is 3rd Sunday March-October.
    https://fwrrclub.org/
    fwuspsa on facebook.

You should be able to find USPSA/SC clubs through uspsa.org ... https://uspsa.org/find-a-club/state/IN

-rvb

Thanks for the info. I will update the OP shortly. Yes I've been able to find some clubs on the USPSA website. Unfortunately most of the ones I've tried to look up either have defunct websites or no actual information on upcoming matches

There are many opportunities through out Northern Indiana.

between USPSA, Steel Challenge, IDPA, SASS, GSSF.

I recommend using practiscore.com for searching.

You can shoot a match in the northern 1/3 of Indiana every Saturday and Sunday from April thru October (weather permitting)

Yeah that's my goal. I would like to shoot at least 2-3 weekends a month until I'm more prepared and available to do major matches. Unfortunately when searching on the Practiscore website I can't find half the clubs in the area (or at least the ones people keep telling me to look up in Ft Wayne and Porter County) and the ones I can look up usually don't have a schedule posted or don't have links to their websites.

I'm honestly surprised it has been this difficult. Thankfully WRPC has the same days each month so their website is always up to date and I've had no problem getting info but any other club I've tried to get info about I'm basically stuck asking by word of mouth at other matches. You'd think if we want more people in the sport each club that does sanctioned matches would be active online, either with their own website (that is listed on and updated with Google) or on social media with regular schedule updates.

Maybe some are and I've just been unable to find them. I don't know half the club names.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Bend of the River conservation club is about 4 miles into Michigan right of US 31 and US 12. I've shot USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge there. They also have 3 Gun. Great facility and great people.

www.borcc.org.

Most of the info is on BORCC/IDPA, BORCC/USPSA Facebook pages.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    ACC has something every week end pretty much

Wildcat Valley in Brighton just west of Delphi has IDPA, USPSA, Steel challenge.

Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club - IDPA

North North Porter County Has USPSA, IDPA not sure on others but also I believe they do 3 gun too

You know Warsaw and Ft Wayne is above. These are on Practiscore under find clubs. Now I have done all the Google work for you maybe you can show up.

cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne
    I wish we had something like this website.

https://ncsection.org/calendar/

As a new resident to Indiana I have found it aggravating trying to track down matches. I guess if you been here for years you might just know where matches are located by the names of the clubs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE

As a new resident to Indiana I have found it aggravating trying to track down matches. I guess if you been here for years you might just know where matches are located by the names of the clubs.

Practiscore has all this info available Nation Wide. Just have to set your search criteria. It also does a lot more. It is a very powerful tool you should try using it.

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone

Glad to get some validation. I've had a hell of a time hunting matches down myself and I've put some serious effort into researching them. I'm Indiana native but come from a family that isn't a huge fan of firearms so I don't know any of the club names or anything.

Also, I put some effort into hunting clubs on Practiscore. Must just be me but that website seems very unintuitive. Everyone says they have no problem hunting down clubs and matches on it but every time I use the club search I can't hardly tell what I'm looking at. Maybe I don't understand all the abbreviations yet or something.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Sorry in advance, this is going to be a rant. As someone who manages a club website, often I find people just don't bother to look.

Yeah I've been wanting to go to Porter. I actually grew up in Porter but I can't find any scheduling info for matches.

Take this comment as an example. The scheduling is literally posted on the front page of their website. http://npcccinc.com
    Obviously you may not initially know the website but it pops right up with a quick search.

Alternatively if you have no clue on what clubs hold a USPSA match, googling uspsa indiana takes you right to the Find a Club USPSA website. Put your zip in, zoom in or out, it shows you all the clubs in the area. Not sure how to get easier than that. Click on the club and it gives you the club website and club contact. Most club websites have all the activities posted in their calendar.
    View attachment 78415

The problem with posts or separate websites is matches change over time. The most likely up-to-date info is either on the club pages or organizations like USPSA.
    Similar posts to this one can be found by searching (example https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-all-matches-indiana.html?432870=#post7001242) but unless its the responsible club or organization, it's very unlikely to stay up to date.

If looking it up is still too difficult, USPSA matches north of Indy are
    First Saturday is Wildcat Valley
    First Sunday is North Porter
    Second Sunday is Warsaw
    Third Sunday is Fort Wayne
    Fourth Sunday is Atlanta or Bend of the River (Niles, MI)

/End Rant
    Hope everyone makes it out to a match.

Personally I wouldn't bother with Practiscore search for clubs. Too much junk info or incomplete info. Only thing I think is useful is the event search for when you are going to be in a different area and want to see if there is a match going on.

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    Hey bub I agree. I believe in someone putting effort forth. However, there's nothing wrong with aggregating that information in one place and I appreciate everyone's help in doing so. At least if the dates change we've got all the websites here as well now. I also want to point out that I really did put a lot of effort into hunting this information down. I'm going to give examples of why I had trouble. I'll use porters and fort Wayne's websites.

As an example. Here's what I see when I go to the Pprter website everyone posted. I had no idea I could even navigate further and find match posts because it looks unused. It's talking about preview text as if the website was just installed.

Image removed

As a second example. Here's what I see when I go to fort Wayne's website. Now I was able to hit the advanced option and bypass it today but I initially thought the website was defunct and unused. I now know otherwise thanks to you guys helping me out a bit.

Image removed

I'm now seeing that both of these are easy fixes for a web designer willing to donate a couple hours of time to these clubs. Hell, all fort wayne has to do is flick a switch in their hosting account to take that warning away. I guess after seeing those 2 websites I may have given up a bit early but since these were the two places I wanted to go I put it to the INGO guys to give me a helping hand. :ingo:

Last edited:

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Fair enough, one page not setup correctly for mobile, the other needs a security certificate. I can see why that is frustrating to someone looking for info (but almost expected knowing the limited knowledge and volunteerism inside most clubs).

The argument against separate information is that it may show a match that has been cancelled or the schedule changed. Case in point, we didn't have an April steel challenge match this year. It wasn't on the calendar but it was generically listed as "First Saturday April through Oct" in other locations. I got about 5-6 emails asking about it. Even without it on our calendar and the cancellation mentioned on the facebook page, we had one guy drive an hour and a half each way only to find out there wasn't a match. Sucks for him since he wasted his time and gas and sucks for me having to deal with his understandably disgruntled email. You can put disclaimers to check the calendar but it's not always effective.

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    Yeah, I probably did give up a bit early. Especially considering I have some history in web design. I just assumed someone started the process and never finished instead of going further and seeing there was more content behind the curtain. I should prob spend some more time on Practiscore and USPSA's site understanding their club search. I remember in was able to find clubs and locations but not always website and schedules. I'm sure it's there somewhere though

Ouch. Yeah I hear ya. That's a tough deal making such long trip if the event is off. I didn't quite think about it like that either. Things can change and it's tough to keep a regular schedule like that, especially over multiple years.

I may go ahead and just aggregate the club websites and remove all scheduling info just in case.

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    As a second example. Here's what I see when I go to fort Wayne's website.

That’s a VERY new issue. Heck, I went to the webpage to copy the url for you cause I can never remember it since we changed hosts. I will notify the web guy.

Im the MD for Ft Wayne USPSA, but not the web guy. So if there’s a last minute change/cancellation, the website is probably not the place to find it. I bet I visit the club web page once or twice per year. The world is on social media any more. Websites are relegated to statically useful things like maps or membership info. MOST clubs have a FB presence, or even if the club doesn’t the guys running the specific discipline do (like at Fort Wayne uspsA). It provides a way to not only have match info pushed to you, but for people to communicate to the guys running the match. We have multiple admins so one of us is usually available to field messages reasonably timely. Many clubs also post here and Brian ends.com. There is also the Indiana USPSA FB group which helps share club info, match announcements, etc as well as section info like the state matches.

hope to see you on the 21st at Fort Wayne!
    match announcement will be posted here a few days prior (you can find details by going back a couple weeks to see last month's announcement).

-rvb

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    That’s a VERY new issue. Heck, I went to the webpage to copy the url for you cause I can never remember it since we changed hosts. I will notify the web guy.

Im the MD for Ft Wayne USPSA, but not the web guy. So if there’s a last minute change/cancellation, the website is probably not the place to find it. I bet I visit the club web page once or twice per year. The world is on social media any more. Websites are relegated to statically useful things like maps or membership info. MOST clubs have a FB presence, or even if the club doesn’t the guys running the specific discipline do (like at Fort Wayne uspsA). It provides a way to not only have match info pushed to you, but for people to communicate to the guys running the match. We have multiple admins so one of us is usually available to field messages reasonably timely. Many clubs also post here and Brian ends.com. There is also the Indiana USPSA FB group which helps share club info, match announcements, etc as well as section info like the state matches.

hope to see you on the 21st at Fort Wayne!
    match announcement will be posted here a few days prior (you can find details by going back a couple weeks to see last month's announcement).

-rvb

Thanks for the additional info! And, hey, nothing negative toward anyone. I'm just new to the sport and excited to shoot as much as my schedule will allow. I'm glad that someone saw it. I will edit out the photos soon because they take up a lot of space in the posts.

Yeah, this forum has been a great opportunity for me to get deeper into the hobby and find information in relation to that. I'll add the FB pages to the OP as well.

Honestly, it's too bad that sport shooting falls into such a small niche. Most clubs operate on the kindness of their volunteer staff to coordinate matches and stuff. If I had known there was this many opportunities at it some years back I may have started sooner. Unfortunately I don't understand marketing well enough to spread the word beyond where it currently is in an affordable yet widespread way :dunno:

Hopefully I'll be able to start working out regular travel throughout the season. My schedule runs really tight but I'm enjoying the sport enough to really put some effort into making it happen

Last edited:

gottabeoutdoors

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2017
    Frankfort
    ACC has something every week end pretty much

Wildcat Valley in Brighton just west of Delphi has IDPA, USPSA, Steel challenge.

Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club - IDPA

North North Porter County Has USPSA, IDPA not sure on others but also I believe they do 3 gun too

You know Warsaw and Ft Wayne is above. These are on Practiscore under find clubs. Now I have done all the Google work for you maybe you can show up.

Just a couple of edits to the Wildcat Valley section. Thanks for supplying this info Fuzz (and Nephereal) - very much appreciated!

Wildcat Valley in Brookston just west of Delphi has IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, High Power, Multigun, SASS.

Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club

(I changed the link to the homepage so people can access the calendar and each of the disciplines from there.)

Last edited:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Hey bub I agree. I believe in someone putting effort forth. However, there's nothing wrong with aggregating that information in one place and I appreciate everyone's help in doing so. At least if the dates change we've got all the websites here as well now. I also want to point out that I really did put a lot of effort into hunting this information down. I'm going to give examples of why I had trouble. I'll use porters and fort Wayne's websites.

As an example. Here's what I see when I go to the Pprter website everyone posted. I had no idea I could even navigate further and find match posts because it looks unused. It's talking about preview text as if the website was just installed.

Image removed

As a second example. Here's what I see when I go to fort Wayne's website. Now I was able to hit the advanced option and bypass it today but I initially thought the website was defunct and unused. I now know otherwise thanks to you guys helping me out a bit.

Image removed

I'm now seeing that both of these are easy fixes for a web designer willing to donate a couple hours of time to these clubs. Hell, all fort wayne has to do is flick a switch in their hosting account to take that warning away. I guess after seeing those 2 websites I may have given up a bit early but since these were the two places I wanted to go I put it to the INGO guys to give me a helping hand. :ingo:

I shoot every sport all over the country. Can we get you to put together and man an up to date accurate website for us?

Top Bottom