• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moose97

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2015
    Hoagland
    Pretty self explanatory title. I'm looking at getting into USPSA production division with a CZ p09. I'd like to be able to order the holster and have it be usable with my current leather belt until I see what I like and can buy a "real" belt later. I'd like the holster to be something that pushes the grip away from my side since, well, muffin top exists. And same for magazine carriers. Hopefully I can find some options that are "off the shelf" so I can have them in hand by mid August when the next local match happens. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Edit - I'd like to use Shooks Custom, as I already have an IWB and am very happy with it, but he's not currently taking orders + I have zero idea on the attachment options

moose97

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2015
    Hoagland
    I have fat guy belts from my former fatter guy self. Do you know what size? I have 48 and 50s. Maybe a 46 or two

Sadly, currently in 50 pants. How do sizes compare to regular belt sizes? And on your holster hanger suggestion, the attachment options are mindboggling lol

crazycatlady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Allen county
    As a woman and a fat one at that, I think you want to look for a holster with a drop and an offset. That drops the holster a bit lower (not legal for men in IDPA), and the offset pushes the grip away from the body slightly. For women this is often helpful because of the relationship of waist to hips.

I am using a bladetech holter with their drop/offset attachment and like it. It was not very expensive, but I cannot recall where I bought it. I found it online. I think the two items were separate though. The attachment is adjustable for more than one belt width. For matches I now use an Uncle Mike's nylon belt. Very stiff, and, with no buckle, it is very adjustable. Less expensive than leather but not a two part competition belt. I think it was $30 or less as I recall.

Comp-Tac also carries a holster with drop offset attachment option included.

For everyday carry, I got two Belt Man leather belts (thebeltman.net) in North Carolina. Nice looking and surprising price for handmade.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I just picked up a CompTac international for my son as a first holster. It has belt, paddle, and drop/offset attachments. He liked the dropped and offset feature on the belt, I preferred the paddle. The drop and offset moves the gun away from the body and really works better on a competition style belt. His belt is the Midway brand and they cost about $25.

On a budget you could look at the CompTac Qline. They fit multiple guns. I have one in the holster tub that I keep around just because. The way it mounts to the belt better lends itself to a competition belt. But the holsters are only $40-$50 bucks. The belt I mentioned the belt is $25. Find 4 universal fit mag pouches and you would have one rig to fit multiple guns.

I own other brands as well. Bladetech is a fine brand. Even the Uncle Mikes kydex is serviceable and affordable.

Sterndern11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2018
    Zionsville
    A Double Alpha belt and one of their PDR PRO 2 holsters would run about $120 and hold the gun lower and out from the body. Huge help from one muffin top to another.

If you are going to run a drop and offset holsters, a good stiff competition belt is almost going to be required or its going to flop all over the place if its not leg supported some way. Saving $30 isn't worth a DQ cause you loose your gun.

Bonus of a double alpha stuff is that you will buy it once and never need to upgrade.... they are serious quality. Some of their pouches (Alpha X) are over hyped and over priced (ask me how I know), but their belt and holsters are a good value.

Also mine arrived within a week of order, just follow the instructions for belt sizing, NOT THE SAME AS PANT SIZE.

MuncieFud

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2018
    Muncie
    You can use that iwb holster for your first match, just go into it knowing you need to be slow and safe on the draw. If you can avoid it don't buy anything before your first match. Lots of people buy all the gear then quit early on. Go to your first match, if you like it then invest in solid gear. I struggled to save up for good gear, I shot two matches with bad gear that I already had. Now that I have decent gear I'm incredibly happy with it.

Top Bottom