Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

What is UP with South Central Gun Club Matches??????

OK Guys and Gals!!!! What is going on with SCGC Match attendance?? The last 2 matches we only had 30 some shooters!!! We use to average 50-60 per match and have had a high as 80. Are the stages to HARD? Are the stages to EASY? You don't like Craig(I had to stick that in there), round count to High?
    Let us know what you are thinking. We put a lot of work into each match hoping to keep them Fun and Challenging. Max
    Last edited by sv40sw45; 08-05-2019 at 08:40. Reason: MISTAKE

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that Max. I've been going to Wildcat on 1st sat but not consistently. Work has been mentally tiring and have been using weekends to recharge. Hell, if it wasn't for Johnny Mags going to Riley, I would have not gone too.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by happygunner View Post
    Sorry to hear that Max. I've been going to Wildcat on 1st sat but not consistently. Work has been mentally tiring and have been using weekends to recharge. Hell, if it wasn't for Johnny Mags going to Riley, I would have not gone too.

User Info Menu

Been battling knee injury most of the year, and some other things.

I like difficult matches and stages that screw pcc.

High round counts are good with me.
    Last edited by sporter; 08-05-2019 at 11:24.

User Info Menu

Are any of the Misfits incarcerated?
    MOLAN LABE

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Are any of the Misfits incarcerated?
    Seem we are the only ones who show up each Match.

User Info Menu

I'm guessing it's Trumps fault.

I personally don't want to see a lower round count.
    I like hard stages and memory stages. I also know others don't and I don't want a match full of memory or hard stages(even if that is what I like) as I don't want to see new shooters or others discouraged.
    I also don't care for a match full of hoser stages and not really a fan of NO matches but I will shoot whatever is set up and try not to ***** too much.
    I come to have fun at the matches and what stages I'm shooting doesn't matter as much as the friends I'm shooting with.

I think the clubs in our area are all down some this summer from what I'm seeing.
    Some of the clubs that are showing decent numbers like Owensboro and ACC are shooting a two day format which opens it up to people who can't make a Sunday shoot.
    They also have several shooters shoot both days so that helps their numbers a lot.

The heat has kept some away also.

A side note: most clubs are having trouble getting setup help and many clubs have folded because of this, PLEASE try to help with setup at your local club. You don't have to do it every month but if more shooters came out to help set up even a couple of times a year it would help a lot and the stages would get even better.
    I help setup stages every month at two different clubs and I can tell you that when we show up and there are three or four of us trying to setup six fun and interesting stages we wonder why bother when no one else seems to care. Then the next day we hear shooters that never help setup complain that these are almost the same stages we shot last month or other complaints about the stages

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sv40sw45 View Post
    Seem we are the only ones who show up each Match.
    Just checking because you know they are the Misfits for a reason.
    MOLAN LABE

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Stages are fun.
    I enjoy chatting with all the competitors. Match's are fun.
    I don't think you have a round count or stage difficulty problem.
    I enjoy difficult stages and making them PCC difficult is OK with me.
    The big turnouts are generally spring & early summer.
    The hotter the wx the lower the turnout.
    Craig, Steve & Max all awesome guys doing a great job for SCGC.
    I'm scratching my head and have no answer for low turnout.

User Info Menu

Probably as simple as summer is warm and there are more family commitments. Family/Work/Fun. Pick two

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast