• ...and so much more!
  • AppliedB

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This will be a standard Steel Challenge Match featuring 4 SCSA classifier stages and one additional non-classifier stage.

NOTICE: There are a few changes for this match that everyone needs to be aware of. Since the matches have been filling up beyond capacity recently we are going to limit shooters to two guns per day and we will be adding some squads on Friday evening after setup.

There will be two squads on Friday evening and then the normal five squads on Saturday. If you want to shoot more than two guns you can sign up for a Friday squad and a Saturday squad and shoot a total of 4 guns.

Friday Schedule:
    Gates open at 5:00pm
    Registration opens at 5:15pm
    Shooters meeting at 5:45pm
    Match begins at 6:00pm

Saturday Schedule:
    Gates open at 9:45am
    Registration opens at 10am
    Shooters meeting at 10:45am
    Match begins at 11am

Match fees:
    $20 for the first gun ($15 for Wildcat Members, $10 for Juniors)
    $5 for each additional gun (max 2 per shooter per day)

Wildcat is a cold range on match day, all guns should be unloaded before arrival. Chamber flags are mandatory on long guns and optional (but highly recommended) on cased handguns.

Registration is on Practiscore: https://www.practiscore.com/wvrpc-steel-challenge-match-8-24-19/register

Planned SCSA Stages (subject to change):
    SC-107 Speed Option
    SC-106 The Pendulum
    SC-103 Smoke & Hope
    SC-104 Outer Limits

Last edited:

AppliedB

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have had a couple people ask if they can shoot a 3rd gun on Saturday if there is room.

I certainly understand why people are interested in doing so, but for this match I'm going to maintain the restriction to two guns per session. Last minute changes to registration are the number one reason a match start is delayed. Adding a third gun based on space would, by its nature, have to be done last minute.

We are trying out this format this month so it isn't set in stone moving forward. I want to see how this arrangement plays out and evaluate its effects.

So for this match, two guns only per day. I do welcome any feedback you have about it as what shooters prefer will help guide how we structure future matches.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    just a thought,
    why not make stage 3 (under1) a regular monthly stage?
    if/when someone does break the 1 second time, use the new time as a "benchmark"

I thought it was a great stage and seemed like everyone was having a blast shooting it !

:cheers:

AppliedB

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just to let everyone know, there is a problem with the results download to the Steel Challenge website.

I've been in contact with both Practiscore and SCSA and they are working to resolve it. Your scores will be up eventually but this is why you haven't seen them update today.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    i was wondering if it was just me, saw RFRO but not RFPO, figured it was my phone playing games with me...

thanks for the update

:cheers:

Top Bottom