• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Does anyone know of a timer app that gives a beep for start and another beep after a set amount of time (adjustable to tenths of seconds)? I’m using http://timer.dryfire.ninja/ but it constantly bugs out and I don’t get a start beep or end beep and have to reload the webpage and reset all my settings. Just looking for other options, I feel like this should be fairly simple to program but I don’t have a way to do this myself.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Does anyone know of a timer app that gives a beep for start and another beep after a set amount of time (adjustable to tenths of seconds)? I’m using http://timer.dryfire.ninja/ but it constantly bugs out and I don’t get a start beep or end beep and have to reload the webpage and reset all my settings. Just looking for other options, I feel like this should be fairly simple to program but I don’t have a way to do this myself.
    I struggled with this when first starting. In the end I just had to buy a shot timer. Essential tool if you want to practice. Unfortunately, a bit $$.
    Good luck

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    There are several out there if you search for shot timer on Android. Shoot utilities IPSC - USPSA is what I used for a bit.

As longbeard said, none of them will be as good/convenient as a dedicated timer but it'll work if you are just starting out or if you forgot your timer and are at the range.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I have been using Dry Fire Par Time Tracker.

3LkCacTWTYUJcDFtTCrLg5GIjwjjiUSWVmDkhlDCyG2Cz8iqV26h6yIze3AWEZBg4iI

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Unfortunately in IOS so I don’t have access to the android apps. I’ve tried the one pgt mentioned but it’s a pain sliding the bar to stop the timer. Was hoping to just hit a button to start.

Will probably just just break down and buy a timer. Going to need one anyway...

pgt892

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 5, 2016
    Indianapolis
    In the iOS app, if you go into settings, you have to click the slider for “par time” and then set it to however many seconds and then it will beep for you automatically.

EDIT: Oh, never mind. You said to stop the timer, yes that is a little annoying but workable.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    i have an older (1990's) CED 6000.

it has a random start, and easy to set par time.

$100, or probably less, at the time. most of the timers i see around and a little over $100 now

:cheers:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Understand where you're coming from, but dedicated shooting timers are the way to go. It is the same as with music metronomes, I have a way better one on my phone, but many times just don't want to screw with it and end up grabbing my old Amish quartz metro. Purpose-built, always works and never lets me down.

Top Bottom