Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Shot timer app for dry fire?

Does anyone know of a timer app that gives a beep for start and another beep after a set amount of time (adjustable to tenths of seconds)? Iím using http://timer.dryfire.ninja/ but it constantly bugs out and I donít get a start beep or end beep and have to reload the webpage and reset all my settings. Just looking for other options, I feel like this should be fairly simple to program but I donít have a way to do this myself.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by masterdekoy View Post
    Does anyone know of a timer app that gives a beep for start and another beep after a set amount of time (adjustable to tenths of seconds)? Iím using http://timer.dryfire.ninja/ but it constantly bugs out and I donít get a start beep or end beep and have to reload the webpage and reset all my settings. Just looking for other options, I feel like this should be fairly simple to program but I donít have a way to do this myself.
    I struggled with this when first starting. In the end I just had to buy a shot timer. Essential tool if you want to practice. Unfortunately, a bit $$.
    Good luck

User Info Menu

There are several out there if you search for shot timer on Android. Shoot utilities IPSC - USPSA is what I used for a bit.

As longbeard said, none of them will be as good/convenient as a dedicated timer but it'll work if you are just starting out or if you forgot your timer and are at the range.

User Info Menu

I have been using Dry Fire Par Time Tracker.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

User Info Menu

Plinker

User Info Menu

I used Gun Shot Timer by Innovative Applications for iOS until I got an actual shot timer and it worked fine.

User Info Menu

Unfortunately in IOS so I donít have access to the android apps. Iíve tried the one pgt mentioned but itís a pain sliding the bar to stop the timer. Was hoping to just hit a button to start.

Will probably just just break down and buy a timer. Going to need one anyway...

Plinker

User Info Menu

In the iOS app, if you go into settings, you have to click the slider for ďpar timeĒ and then set it to however many seconds and then it will beep for you automatically.

EDIT: Oh, never mind. You said to stop the timer, yes that is a little annoying but workable.