• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Our last match will be Sat Oct 19. Scheduled format is "Half & Half" to offset the lack of 2 qualifier matches in September.Start time will be 10:30 am. Setup will be 5pm on Friday.

I'm planning on doing a trial of the new High Master class on this date. To qualify for High Master, a shooter must have at least 2 scores from Master class of at least 52x60 in the qualifier events (Half & Half, and Varmint Hunt).

HM will have targets at 4 distances: 110, 165, 200, and 240. Another twist, those shooters in HM may no longer shoot in Standard class. You must shoot Master and/or High Master.

Adults $15
    Stand alone juniors $10
    Juniors w/paid adult- free

Hope to see you there!

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Riley Conservation Club, just east of Terre Haute. Shooting is prone with bipod, although several of our senior shooters fire from bench due to physical problems. 20 rounds in 9 minutes, 5 round mag limit, 3 strings for 60 round total.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I'm already working on swapping out some targets to simplify the target/scorecard thing for the shooter benefit.. I think it will be an easy fix. Really looking forward to spring.

In the meantime, I intend to use the learned skills and sniper some deer in gun season from a few hundred yards. Surely, if I can put 18 of 20 shots in a 4 inch cluster at 235 yards with a 22 rimfire, I should be able to harvest deer at similar or farther and help feed those less fortunate than I.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm already working on swapping out some targets to simplify the target/scorecard thing for the shooter benefit.. I think it will be an easy fix. Really looking forward to spring.

In the meantime, I intend to use the learned skills and sniper some deer in gun season from a few hundred yards. Surely, if I can put 18 of 20 shots in a 4 inch cluster at 235 yards with a 22 rimfire, I should be able to harvest deer at similar or farther and help feed those less fortunate than I.

With a six minute sight-in period you should be able to hit a deer without a problem. :D

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Congrats to Armchair Operator for his win in the new High Master Class! This new class was tweaked from the start to demand higher performance. HM shooters must shoot targets at 4 distances instead of 3, and we put the 165 yard targets at 240 just for the big boys. Andriy won the new HM class with an excellent 52x60.

Unfortunately, the RCC website is undergoing some repairs, and I cannot provide a link. Hope to see more shooters next year.

Top Bottom