• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    The 2019 Indiana GSSF (GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation) match will be held at Atlanta Conservation Club, in Atlanta, IN.

Called the HOOSIER STATE REGIONAL CLASSIC – XXII; it will be on October 26th and 27th, 2019.

(Your choice of days. You don’t NEED to be there BOTH days, but you can if you like.)

Registration is open from 9 AM until 3 PM on Saturday, and from 9 AM until 2 PM on Sunday. Arrive any time within that window.

You can enter up to 8 different divisions (for Master Class shooters); or 9 different divisions (for Amateur Civilian Class); depending on what GLOCKs you own.
    You will need about 100 rounds of ammo PER ENTRY. Actual is less for Pocket GLOCK division, and varies between 81 and 107 for the other divisions, depending on how well you do on the steel targets.
    While rare, re-shoots are a possibility that can chew up between 2 and 30 rounds. Bring extra for that possibility, as well.

Set-up, and an extra day for Volunteers to shoot will be on Friday the 25th.

Please visit :: Atlanta Conservation Club for range information.
    ACC’s address is 29595 Leonard Road, Atlanta, IN 46031
    About 19 miles north of Noblesville, just off IN 19.

See :: Glock Sport Shooting Foundation to register. ALSO, YOU CAN REGISTER AND PAY AT THE MATCH WHEN YOU GET THERE.
    Pre-registration saves money, and some time on the day of the match.

For more information about the match, and to volunteer your time to help with the match, please see :: GSSF ? KSA Firearms Education
    Volunteer RO’s will be eligible for (2) GLOCKs drawn as a big THANK YOU for helping run the match. We will also be raffling (2) more GLOCKs to benefit ACC; so you may want to bring spare cash for that.

I would describe this match as being PRIZE RICH. GLOCK, Inc. will be giving away something on the order of 17-plus GLOCKs as prizes, most of them are random prizes, and about 7 are based on performance. Also: cash, memberships, GLOCK knives, GLOCK entrenching tools are awarded. More entries = more prizes.

You can enter up to 8 (Master) or 9 (normal) different divisions, based on which GLOCK’s you own. Bring 100+ rounds per entry.

Eric W. GSSF Volunteer Coordinator at ACC

Your First GSSF Outdoor Match, by Danny Ryan

Equipment: Stock pistol, 150 rounds of ammo per entry. While you can shoot with just 2 magazines, 4 are nicer.
    Accessories: bug spray, sun screen, hand towel, water, lightweight folding chair, hand cleaner, gear for any weather, money, baseball cap, pen, ear and eye protection (even for spectators).
    Procedure: as soon as you receive your registration labels, go to each stage and sign in on the entry sheet. Then go back to the 5 To GLOCK stage, check off your name and await your turn, and shoot it first, followed by the GLOCK ‘M and finishing on the Plates. If there is a practice plate rack, take advantage of it.

Stages:
    5 To GLOCK: there are five cardboard targets, normally at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 yards. You fire two shots per target, 10 shots total. You shoot three strings of fire for a total of 30 rounds.
    GLOCK ‘M: here there are four cardboard targets and one to three metal poppers. You shoot 2 shots per cardboard, leaving up to 3 shots to hit one popper. You shoot three strings of fire.
    GLOCK The Plates: you have 11 rounds to knock down six 8in plates at 11 yards. You do this four times. Steel left standing is 10 points penalty per plate. Don't rush.

Scoring:
    Your score for each stage is the sum of the times for your strings of fire plus any penalty points. Don't rush because misses are 10 point penalty each. Shots in the 8in circle are zero penalty points. Shots in the 12in circle are 1 penalty point. Shots outside the 12in but still on the cardboard are 3 points penalty. You only have 6 shots at 25 yards, so slow down and get good hits. Engage your targets as they enter your line of sight, either moving right to left or left to right. Do not zig-zag between targets as that takes more precious time.
    You will be shooting with Masters, but not against Masters. They are very fast and very accurate. Don't try to shoot as fast as they do.
    Tell the Range Officer at each stage that this is your first match. They are always helpful.
    Often there are food and merchandise vendors, but bring a snack just in case. Plan to be there four hours. Make friends and have fun. Preliminary results are usually posted by Tuesday night at www.gssfonline.com. The finals, with prize distribution, are posted about 30 days after the prelims, allowing time to resolve any scoring issues.

Warning: GSSF Is Addictive!

Last edited:

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Barrage of questions incoming...

So if I read you correctly, I can register on site on Saturday morning, and complete the competition on the same day, correct? No need to come back on Sunday?

What time would I need to be there to register on site?

How much do I save by pre-registering?

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    Barrage of questions incoming...

So if I read you correctly, I can register on site on Saturday morning, and complete the competition on the same day, correct? No need to come back on Sunday?

What time would I need to be there to register on site?

How much do I save by pre-registering?

So if I read you correctly, I can register on site on Saturday morning, and complete the competition on the same day, correct? No need to come back on Sunday? Correct, register and shoot same day.

What time would I need to be there to register on site? Registration opens at 9:00am each day.

How much do I save by pre-registering? Save waiting in line, no GSSF discounts.

jshaver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    registration opens at 0900 Saturday and Sunday. Show up, pay, go to the stage and shoot. If it’s not busy, you can shoot 3-4 entries in the morning or afternoon if you get there at lunch time. No need to be there both days unless you want to volunteer as staff.

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    I added some clarification to my original post, and a bit of new information as well ::

Registration is open from 9 AM until 3 PM on Saturday, and from 9 AM until 2 PM on Sunday. Arrive any time within that window.

You can enter up to 8 different divisions (for Master Class shooters); or 9 different divisions (for Amateur Civilian Class); depending on what GLOCKs you own.
    You will need about 100 rounds of ammo PER ENTRY. Actual is less for Pocket GLOCK division, and varies between 81 and 107 for the other divisions, depending on how well you do on the steel targets.
    While rare, re-shoots are a possibility that can chew up between 2 and 30 rounds. Bring extra for that possibility, as well.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Thank you, gentlemen. Do non-life membership run in 12 month increments from the date of purchase, or based on calendar year?

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Is the armorer there for emergencies only? I'd like to get some sights replaced.

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    There will be two armorers there. The GLOCK corporate one will be there for "match issues" only. But he can fix stuff for free.
    The other one is me. I will have GLOCK night sights, GLOCK steel and luminescent sights, and AmGLO Bold sights for sale. Installation included.
    I also have extended controls (all GLOCK OEM) among other goodies, for sale as well. I am certified by GLOCK, and work most Indy 1500 shows.
    PM me, and I can call you with more info...

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Thank you, sir. Glock night sights is what I was looking for, so that's perfect. I'll see you on Saturday.

7920drew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Lafayette, IN
    Ok maybe a dumb question but I couldn’t find it directly addressed elsewhere. If I show up day of to register for the match I can also register as a gssf member too right? I was about to send in my form when I saw that online deadline was Weds. just making sure I don’t already have to be a gssf member to register day of..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    Ok maybe a dumb question but I couldn’t find it directly addressed elsewhere. If I show up day of to register for the match I can also register as a gssf member too right? I was about to send in my form when I saw that online deadline was Weds. just making sure I don’t already have to be a gssf member to register day of..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, you can be a "new" GSSF Member the day of the event.

Plus, if you register on Saturday or have pre-entered, you can shoot on Saturday or Sunday as your preference.

Top Bottom