• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Some of you are aware the Riley Conservation Club obtained the equipment from the disbanded Rose Hulman program and after a long drought without a coach, we had an initial offering last January for a college club level rifle team. This week we again offered tryouts to interested students from the 4 local colleges. 17 student athletes came out, more than we have equipment for. A couple from last year but the rest are newbies. Tryouts were at Top Guns Indoor shooting range in Terre Haute, owner Steve Ellis has graciously arranged range time on Monday nights for this non profit scholastic shooting endeavor.

We're starting a bit late this year, life happens, but we have some good candidates that show promise. The team will be coed, one of the 4H Shooting Sports girls is attending and is so far setting the bar for the older students to aspire to.

While this has been a project of mine, I hope INGO readers will join me in thanking the Riley Conservation Club officers and Board members for green lighting this project and being patient with the lack of immediate progress. Hopefully, we have turned that around. Top Guns Terre Haute should also be commended for their involvement in restoring a youth precision shooting team.

Rich

Top Bottom