• ...and so much more!
  • Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Oreintation to USPSA for Beginners

Orientation to USPSA for new shooters or shooters considering getting into shooting sports in general.

February 8th 2020 10am
    ​This will be held LaFontaine IN Contact me for address and details.
    This is FREE to any and all. So bring your buddy, wife, friend, whomever no problem.

Curriculum:
    What to do to prepare for you first match.
    Basic Gun safety
    What is a Cold Range
    What is USPSA and what does it stand for.
    Range rules for all USPSA matches
    ETIQUETTE
    USPSA rules
    Which Division is right for you?
    Equipment
    Other Competitors
    Targets
    Scoring
    Practiscore
    Stage planning
    Stage Maneuvering safely
    Dry fire practice

There will be no live fire for this class so ammo will not be needed or present in the room at the time of the class and an inspection will be done prior to entry into the class.

This class is NOT designed to teach you how to shoot or operate your weapon. That is left to Professional Trained instructors. If this is what you need I would be happy to refer you to plenty.

I expect this to last about 4 hours with breaks and questions but there is no time limit. So when we finish is when we finish.

If you have questions feel free to call or Email from below.

Or call (765)206-0166

If anyone would like to assist with this feel free also.

Please help share and spread the word on this. It does not matter where they shoot the matches at. The Goal is to make New shooters more at ease and confident at their first match.

Last edited:

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Surprised to not see any action on this. I was pretty intimidated when I went to my first steel match and someone offering an intro would have eased my mind quite a bit.Also learning the scoring rules in uspsa probably would have made a positive impact for the first 6 months or so of shooting.

If there is interest in this post up an ‘ I’m In’

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    Larry, have you put this up on Facebook? If you do we could get people sharing it around there. Might get more exposure to new shooters on that platform. I didn’t start coming to this section of the forum until after I started shooting USPSA!

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Surprised to not see any action on this. I was pretty intimidated when I went to my first steel match and someone offering an intro would have eased my mind quite a bit.Also learning the scoring rules in uspsa probably would have made a positive impact for the first 6 months or so of shooting.

If there is interest in this post up an ‘ I’m In’
    I have had responses. They are emailing me and texting me.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Larry, have you put this up on Facebook? If you do we could get people sharing it around there. Might get more exposure to new shooters on that platform. I didn’t start coming to this section of the forum until after I started shooting USPSA!
    It is posted on the Atlanta Conservation club USPSA at ACC on Face book and also on my personal page. You are welcome to copy and share and post where ever. Help spread the word.

There is info on there as to how to register or ask questions.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    I attended one of these type classes put on around Indy by Coach prior to my first match. It definitely helped explain alot as well as took the "fear of the unknown" out of doing my first real USPSA match. If anyone has any questions you really should attend.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Just wanted to bump this as a reminder for the holiday. You will be seeing lots of friends and family so if they have been thinking about it this would be a great start.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    I'm in, if it's in Atlanta and on a weekend.

I would like to have it at Atlanta but they are starting new construction on the main building and there, well may not be a building by then. Also there will be no heat. IF ( and that is a big if ) the building is standing we will have it there with some electric heaters but it will be cool inside. If not I will have it at my house wher it will nice and comfy for everyone. that is north about an hour.

Register with me from the info on the first post .

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    If I've been shooting steel challenge a couple years but haven't done uspsa yet, how much of this would be stuff I already know? I'm curious to start uspsa but I'm fairly certain if I show up with proper equipment I could learn the rest on the fly.

Thanks!

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    I am sure you could because pretty much every person shooting USPSA currently has figured it out that way. BUT!!!!!!!!!!

1, Some are not comfortable trying without being more comfortable than some. It is for them.

2, There will be lots of info available that you likely don't know for both Steel Challenge and USPSA. It's for them and you.

3,I wish someone had offered this when I was learning. It would have been for me.

4, The price is affordable for even the poorest soul. It is for them.

5, So often people that are new don't understand the rules fully and end up getting DQ'ed or maybe just embarrassed and never come back. It is for them.

6, Did I mention the really great price? That's a pretty good reason.

Please do go to the next match and have fun. You will make and have fun. This is not Rocket Science so yes you will get through it. But if you decide it may be something you will learn from and might enjoy or at least help you enjoy the sport more then please feel free to contact me and get registered and we can have fun together.

Larry

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    ​The next class will be held in LaFontaine IN contact me for details and address for the class. FEB 8th at 10 am

Last edited:

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Any location coming up close to NWI?

Thanks

Thanks for your interest. Not at this time. I drove to Lafayette yesterday to shoot a match. it is 1 hour and 20 mins from Applied Ballistics to my house which will be a very comfortable location for February in the Winter. I also have all the stuff to assist readily available. I know it is a long drive. I am not a professional and do not do this for a living so I also try to control the money I am spending to help new people that are interested in the sport. If you could get enough people together to pay for my gas and talk Applied Ballistics in Lafayette into letting me do this class there I would. But that would be up to you and them. They have Liability to consider. I understand that.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    ​The next class will be held in LaFontaine IN contact me for details and address for the class. FEB 8th at 10 am

Ugghhh, wanted to go to this, but that hike is just too far.

Please continue to post. If a class is held at ACC that would be perfect.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Missed the first one, and busy Feb. 8! Argh. I'll be to one eventually, been talking to a co-worker that used to shoot USPSA and I'm stoked to check it out this year.

Top Bottom