• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    2020 Is upon us. There are some changes coming for new the year with ACC USPSA . This year we are Running 2 separate matches on the 4th weekend of the month. There will be a Saturday match at 10 am and another separate match on Sunday at 10 am. Since these are separate matches you are welcome to shoot the matches with the same Blaster. Or shoot different guns if you wish. (only one gun per day. though) Setup will be done on Thursday and Friday and if you can help it would be appreciated. You help one day you shoot free one day. help both days if needed you shoot free both days. RO one day shoot free one day Ro both days shoot free both days. Contact me for the RO info. ACC has been blessed by quality matches and match directors in the past and also a lot of great help. I still need this great support from the volunteers and RO's. People like DAN HART and GREG HERRELL are hard to come by and have given so much to the sport. I only hope to continue what they have started and built.
    The 2020 schedule is as follows. This is of course subject to Mother Nature but that info will be posted as it occurs if needed.
    March Saturday 28th
    Sunday 29th
    April Saturday 25th
    Sunday 26th
    May Saturday 23rd
    Sunday 24th
    May Classifier Special May 31st This is a special Classifier on the 5th weekend.
    June Saturday 27th
    Sunday 28th
    July Saturday 25th
    Sunday 26th
    August Saturday 22nd
    Sunday 23rd
    September Saturday 26th
    Sunday 27th
    October Saturday 24th
    Sunday 25th
    These are all 9 am registration.
    9:30 new shooters meeting
    9:45 shooters meeting
    !0am Match Starts.
    I look forward to a great, Safe, Fun, and challenging year.
    See you on the range.

Last edited:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I am planning to make it to more of these than I did this year.
    Dan and Greg did do great job and they deserve our thanks and a break.
    Thanks for volunteering and posting this up to remind me to put it on my calendar. ;)

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Could you post a short how to start, primer?

A regular shooter at these indicated to me a new shooter could shoot a match without joining USPSA. with the 2020 times I may be able to make a match in the spring to try it out.

I've shot indoor un-sanctioned matches, but no sanctioned events.

A brief how to get started might help a few novices to get over fear of the unknown and show up, with the right equipment.

Thank you.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE

A regular shooter at these indicated to me a new shooter could shoot a match without joining USPSA. with the 2020 times I may be able to make a match in the spring to try it out.

I've shot indoor un-sanctioned matches, but no sanctioned events.

A brief how to get started might help a few novices to get over fear of the unknown and show up, with the right equipment.

Thank you.

There are a ton of resources available for just this.

1st, We at Atlanta CC are offering a Free Orientation to USPSA in Jan and Feb. There is a thread in this very section of Shooting Sports on INGO. I will Bump it back close to the top for you.

There is also Professional training offered by other sources like Bright Firearms training (Coach on INGO) as well as others.

You tube has several Videos including a very Thorough long and boring very detailed on how to get started.

You can just go to a match and watch as well. There are some indoor offering for matches this time of year as well. Parabellum and Applied Ballistics both are having one very soon.

You can just jump in and shoot one but tell the Range officer that this is your first and he will be glad to assist.

Also I am planning ( Weather permitting ) a match at Atlanta on the 29th Dec between Christmas and new years. AGAIN , Weather permitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1znOfMZ385o

Hope this helps. If you want all the Answers just start a new thread on how to get stated in USPSA and they will give you their opinions! LOL

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Sounds great Larry!
    Are you planning on modifying the stages Saturday evening/Sunday morning to separate the matches?
    It’d be tough for me to get up there through the week to help set up but I’d be happy to help thru the weekend

Dave

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Sounds great Larry!
    Are you planning on modifying the stages Saturday evening/Sunday morning to separate the matches?
    It’d be tough for me to get up there through the week to help set up but I’d be happy to help thru the weekend

Dave

Thanks that is great. Sat morning Targets will need to go up and new ones on Sunday. plus the finishing touches.

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    Will the entire ACC range be closed to other members from Thursday through Sunday on all of those weekends or only select bays?

Unless a “Major Match” or other unsafe reasons, the range shall be available to Members. Matches may reserve Bays and those will be closed but the other Bays shall be available.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Will the entire ACC range be closed to other members from Thursday through Sunday on all of those weekends or only select bays?
    At most the USPSA match will Take up 5 bays. 2 or 3 for Thursday then the rest will be finished on Friday. If I get enough help all will be set up Friday but that remains to be seen. We have no desire to limit the members from using their range. This honestly is no different than what has been happening for the last few years. Only difference is the setup time for Friday and Thursday.

Sheepdog103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2019
    Fishers
    Appreciate the folks at ACC! Been shooting IDPA there and just joined... safe, fun, and welcoming group of good shooters. Best place in Central IN I've found so far.

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    A general reply to anyone who has questions about going to their first match....

#1 Do you have an appropriate firearm for the match and a safe holster/sling?

#2 Do you have enough ammo for the round count?

If the answer is yes to both, email the match director or the OP of the match announcement. Tell them you want to shoot the match but haven’t done it before. You will, almost without exception, be welcomed warmly! Knowing you are a new shooter, the OP/Match director will appropriately squad you (read: group you up) with an appropriate group that may also be new shooters...and also an RO who will be more than happy to “coach” you thru the match.

You will be VERY surprised how few shooters at a match are there to “win” the match. Most are there to compete with themselves. To be sure there are highly competitive shooters, but the will almost always be squaded together. Do not fear that you will “slow down” the match in anyway.

The golden rule for a new shooter, is to listen to the RO and go slow. This will prevent you from making many of the big violations, because the RO will always help coach you thru the stage. Follow his/her commands and keep your muzzle in a safe direction and you will learn a lot.

Even better would be to go with a friend...but if not, just be willing to ask questions, be friendly and talkative, and willing to help out. Even if it’s just pasting targets.

Top Bottom