• jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Indoor Action Pistol

Thursday December 19th for the last match of the year.

Look forward to 5 fun, challenging stages!

A low key environment open to new shooters, anyone who is interested in shooting a match but hasn’t yet, come on out!

New shooter brief starts at 6, returning shooters at 6:15, with first shots at 6:30. $20

Indoor Action Pistol Competition is a great way to hone handgun shooting skills in a safe and fun environment. Action Pistol involves many of the skills defensive shooters value including drawing from a holster, shooting and reloading on the move, and shooting from behind cover. Because of the dynamic nature of the sport, safety is the highest priority. It is required that shooters be proficient in the fundamentals of firearm safety, especially muzzle control and trigger discipline.

Action Pistol is a sport enjoyed by shooters worldwide, men and women, junior shooters and senior shooters. With a commitment to safety and a little bit of effort, anyone can begin shooting Action Pistol.

Matches are held on the first and third Thursday of each month.

Gear:

-Firearm and Holster
    -3 Magazines
    -Shoes with no open toes and good traction
    -Double magazine carrier recommended

Match Director: Mark Teter

17777 Commerce Drive
    Westfield, United States (US) — Indiana 46074

https://timsshootingacademy.com/

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Sorry, I don't have any videos.

The matches are based on NRA Action Pistol, but are not sanctioned. There is no cover garment requirement and things like Velcro competition belts are acceptable.

There are a wide range of participant skill levels with one of the goals being to bring in novices and raise their comfort and skill levels.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Ok thanks. Might be a good idea to get videos to promote it and any new comers will get an idea what it's like. I'll keep this in mind and try it as you guys are closer to me.

jshaver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    Just show up. Pretty much no equipment restrictions. You should at least 3 magazines. The was a new shooter last time who had no mag holders.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I hope to the able to participate in the January matches. I do have a couple of questions.
    1. Is there a magazine capacity limit?
    2. Is it a cold range and will they have a safe area?
    3. Are abdomen IWB holsters permitted?

Thanks in advance for the input.

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    I hope to the able to participate in the January matches. I do have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a magazine capacity limit? No, unless stage description says otherwise.

2. Is it a cold range and will they have a safe area? Yes, cold range. Yes, safe area.

3. Are abdomen IWB holsters permitted? Yes.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Hope to see ya there...

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Can you explain the course of fire a bit more? Im very interested but i think I may be misunderstanding what this match is. If it is similiar to the Bianchi version of Action Pistol then I would bring a different set of gear than for something more uspsa style.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Short course stages. Idpa scoring. Idpa rules, but no fault lines or reload rules. It's a simple match for having fun and accessible to anyone. Nothing here to over think. Show up with something and shoot it.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Thanks for clearing that up, some confusion because that’s not like NRA action pistol at all, sounds like a good time, just wanted to be sure, as someone with NRA action pistol gear would have been out of place.

Sheepdog103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2019
    Fishers
    Honest question - about how many folks typically shoot and how many stages? Familiar with Tim's. Talked to a buddy who went twice... once he said was super great, but the other time he said there was a lot of down time and he maybe shot 3 stages for the $20? super good new thing and cool people though he said. Wondering how the format worked?

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    The typical match is five stages set across two pistol bays with a squad in each bay. Squads shoot a bay, switch shoot, and set up next stage, then usually combine for fifth stage after the last bay switch.

Top Bottom