• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • utahskies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    NWI
    Hello, I am looking to introduce the family to the shooting sport. What are the NWI ranges and competitions like steel challenge and Rim fire opportunities.

Thanks

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    You can still shoot all their matches as a non member. You just pay a little extra. Normally I see 4 to 6 other NWI INGO members at their matches.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    There is an introduction class this Sunday at Atlanta CC in North central Indiana.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/shooting-sports/474879-oreintation-uspsa-beginners-dreamers-free.html

There is a lot of options for you as well as North Porter County.

There is Wildcat Valley close to Delphi that has IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, and others.

http://www.wvrpc.org/

There is also Warsaw Practical Pistol in Warsaw that has USPSA and Steel Challenge

http://www.wrpclub.org/

There is Atlanta CC Just east of Kokomo that has IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, 2 Gun, 3 Gun, any pretty much every other option out there.

https://www.atlantaconservationclub.com/

The class I mentioned above and shared a link will help with getting you started in all these honestly and will do you good and it is FREE.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    As mentioned, NPCCC shoots USPSA, steel challenge , and outlaw steel.
    Michigan city rifle club shoots rimfire challenge
    Wildcat valley in brookston shoots steel challenge
    Rimfire challenge matches shoot rifle and pistol at the same match for combined score.

These are the 3 I shoot at as a non member.
    SAM silhouette , near north Hudson, shoots an outlaw steel as well.

:cheers:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    www.borcc.org

Bend of the River is just across the state line in Niles, MI just north of South Bend. Right off US 12.

They have Steel Challenge, IDPA, USPSA and a bunch of classes for youth and women.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    St. Joe Valley Rifle & Pistol Club in Bristol and Marion County Fish & Game haven't been mentioned yet. They are farther away, but are great places to shoot. SJVRPC is easy to get to.

Each of the ranges mentioned have calendars on their web sites.

You should also set up a Practiscore account. Most clubs use Practiscore for match registration. You can add all of the clubs that you would be willing to travel to to a list of clubs you follow and then when you click on the find events tab you will see a list of events at those clubs.

Some clubs have multiple Practiscore accounts, one for each of the shooting sports. You will have to follow each sport you are interested in.

I just started shooting last year and have competed at all of the ranges mentioned. You do not have to be a member to compete in most events, you usually pay a higher entry fee as a non-member.

Every one of the places mentioned is friendly and helpful to new shooters.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    As mentioned, NPCCC shoots USPSA, steel challenge , and outlaw steel.
    Michigan city rifle club shoots rimfire challenge
    Wildcat valley in brookston shoots steel challenge
    Rimfire challenge matches shoot rifle and pistol at the same match for combined score.

These are the 3 I shoot at as a non member.
    SAM silhouette , near north Hudson, shoots an outlaw steel as well.

:cheers:

Thanks crewchief888. I'm match director of SAM Silhouette Club. Our annual meeting is coming up next week, so it may not be official. We will make a change, we will just be shooting long range rimfire rifle/pistol every month: 50, 75, 100, amd 165 yards. See website in a couple of weeks for new info.

SAM Silhouette Club

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Blythe's gun range in Valpo has several shooting classes, some geared towards women and some for young kids. You might want to check out FB for more info about their classes.

I run the pistol league at Blythe's in Valpo and that may be something you might like during the winter. We shoot mostly PPC, but I fit in various drills from time to time. We shoot on Tuesday nights, starting at 6pm. The only cost is the range fee. We have a nice group of shooters with abilities ranging from beginners to seasoned match shooters. The seasoned shooters are older and do not do a lot of the run-and-gun stuff anymore, but more accuracy centered disciplines: bullseye (Camp Perry), pistol silhouette, bench rest rimfire, Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup). I also shoot cowboy action, skeet, trap, sporting clays, steel challenge, rimfire challenge, and ICORE. There are lots of fun things to shoot. I plan on checking out NRL22 at Brookston this year, for something new.

I have shot at all the ranges mentioned, except Atlanta. It's about 2 1/2 hours from me, but I may make it down there some time. Check out any or all of the ranges mentioned. Every place I have been has always been very helpful, especially to newer shooters. I suggest you check out as many as you can. If you go just to see a match, bring a gun anyway. It is better to watch for a while and join in fun. That's the best way to learn. Good luck on your search.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Practiscore Links

Here are links to Range/club pages on Practiscore:

Michigan City Rifle Club

Porter County Poppers (North Porter County USPSA matches)

NPCCC Outlaw Steel

Warsaw Rifle and Pistol Club (various types of matches)

Starke Associated Marksmen (SAM)

St. Joe Valley Rifle & Pistol
    (various types of events)

Wildcat Valley Steel Challenge

Bend Of The River Conservation Club (Niles, MI)

When you visit a clubs PractiScore page you can see the scheduled events and links to past results.

If you set up a PractiScore account you can then follow the clubs you want.

Top Bottom