• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Please join Hoosier Hills Rifle & Pistol club for the first event of the 2020 NRL22 season!

When: First Saturday of the month (February 1), briefing starts at 10am. Sight in is available 9am-10am
    PLEASE sign up ahead of time on eventbrite here! We pre-print score cards and set up targets based on it.

Where: HHRP Outdoor range in Gnaw Bone, Indiana between Columbus and Nashville.
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir//39....e3!4m2!4m1!3e0
    (one driveway west of Suburban Propane, go down the road and look for the turnoff to the left)

Cost: $10 for HHRP members, $15 for non-members
    All participants must use eye and ear protection.

If you haven't shot NRL22 before, the short version is 5 strings of ten rounds in two minutes per string, shooting multiple positions (prone, sitting, kneeling, offhand, with and without support), multiple distances (25-100 yards), and varying targets (1/4"-4" steel, paper). It isn't hard, but it is challenging and a lot of fun.

HHRP is a member of NRL so scores will be posted with NRL22.
    Review the month's course of fire at https://nrl22.org/downloads/
    More details, FAQ, rules, classes, course of fire, etc available at https://nrl22.org/
    HHRP Club info: hhrp.org or https://www.facebook.com/pg/HHRPClub

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    So what is the preferred 22 for doing this? Red dot, scope or iron sights?

Pretty much anything with a magazine and a scope. Bolt or semi-auto. You can play with a single-loader and red dot or irons but you probably won't win unless you're really good. Targets are down to 1/4" at 25yds and 2" at 100yds. On the sights, you have to be able to figure bullet drop 20-100 yards with time to move and aim. Sounds easy but you're on the clock and changing positions. Most factory guns area capable of at least competing, maybe not winning.

For example, I have a 10/22 with the factory barrel, factory plastic stock with 3d printed cheek riser, and Ruger BX-trigger. I'm using an ACME 6-24x FFP scope at 10 or 12x. Hell, I probably spent more on ammo (Eley target) than on the rest of the setup.

Ammo and sights are what seem to matter: consistent ammo and the ability to dial/hold-over.

AdamP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2019
    Louisville
    So what is the preferred 22 for doing this? Red dot, scope or iron sights?

Endless options for a rifle(10/22 is most common at this match). Definitely need a good scope that tracks well. 9x is usable 14x is great. I use a 24x but very rarely go above 14x during a match. I mainly hold over for distance changes but will dial occasionally.

Find the ammo that your rifle likes and buy as much as you can.
    All of the guys at Hoosier Hills are great guys and always willing to help out and let you use equipment if you do not have your own.
    Bags and slings are personal preference.
    Most of all, have fun and make some new friends.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Columbus
    So while reading the rules I saw that tube magazine guns are allowed but must be current production. Here's my question, a marlin 39a is technically still produced, but through special order and the only MSRP on their site is over 3k. Will it be allowed at all or would the gun get put in the open class?

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ... Will it be allowed at all or would the gun get put in the open class?

Open class as has been stated, but don't let that concern you. A base class shooter had the high overall score at our last match.

As AdamP said, come to a match and have fun. Your squad members will help you out.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Still spots open on the roster.

Looks like the weather could go either way, we'll probably be shooting from the covered firing line again. For those that weren't here last time, we have several heaters to keep the cold at bay.

Top Bottom