Shooting possibiliies near Kendallville?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Laker38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    Northeast
    Wondering about the availability of ranges (public or pay) for rifle, handgun shooting in or near Kendallville. Have googled this and found only one or two. What do shooters in this area use for plinking, sighting in, and informal paper punching?

Moderator: please move this thread if there's a more appropriate category.

Thanks.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    You are very close to my favorite place in the state to shoot. Youngs Guns or Youngs Longshot in Wolcottville. They have a 1000yd range with bunkers at every 100yd increment with 10 to 15 steel tagets in each bunker. Covered shooting area, a enclosed heated area for when its cold out, a area on the roof for prone shooting, and a few ATVs for target check and repaint. Safety lights at each shooting spot for calling dead range for target change. They have every tool you could think of to use also. On the other side of the country block they have trap shooting from a-frame woble shoot to trail shoot to straight out ground trap. If you're that close I would definitely check it out. Very good people there also. Cant say enough good things about the place, I absolutely love that place. It is private but worth the membership fee. I wish I lived closer, I'd be there daily.

Last edited:

rwilky78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2016
    Kendallville
    I live in Kendallville. I am a member of a small range West of Albion that I go shoot at. There is Young's Longshot in Wolcottville that has pistol and long range rifle ranges.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    i got a red shirt for christmas for thunderlakes.com in angola. lets me go to the indoor range on fridays. probably wont shoot there much when it gets warmer out, ill just shoot at home.

my range is not much till i redesign it its really only a 1 lane. maybe after that happens we can have a local ingo shoot.

Top Bottom