• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I was hoping to get in on one this year, but with complete radio silence halfway through February it's not looking good.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i dont know if its going to happen again, but there was a tactical 2 gun match at redbrush last november, it wasn't 5 or 10k run, but they did have running and obsticles to get your heart rate up.

[video=youtube;n9SG1mtCf-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9SG1mtCf-M[/video]

[video=youtube;CCJJK6aBdmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCJJK6aBdmo[/video]

keep an eye out on pratiscore, if I hear anything about it, I post it in this thread

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Revere's Riders does them from time to time here in Indiana. You run, you stop, you shoot. If you miss, you run more.

I think they are structured like Biathlon.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Revere's Riders does them from time to time here in Indiana. You run, you stop, you shoot. If you miss, you run more.

I think they are structured like Biathlon.

Isn't that just, like, .22s and a single plate rack or something to that effect? Not really what the 2-gun crowd is looking for.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Isn't that just, like, .22s and a single plate rack or something to that effect? Not really what the 2-gun crowd is looking for.

You are correct. Sorry about that. I didn't get from the OP that he was looking for 2-gun type shooting. I just saw the distance running and the shooting. I should have read his follow up posts more carefully.

Disregard my post OP.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    With the raging popularity of 2-gun and run-and-gun style competitions on Youtube, it seems like a license to print money. Red October, Desert Brutality, HAH2G, Tiger Valley, all of these gigantic and expensive events are turning people away because they can't accomidate the skyrocketing demand. Yet somehow in Indiana, gun owner's paradise, nobody wanna do nothin' but steel matches and USPSA. :dunno:

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    With the raging popularity of 2-gun and run-and-gun style competitions on Youtube, it seems like a license to print money. Red October, Desert Brutality, HAH2G, Tiger Valley, all of these gigantic and expensive events are turning people away because they can't accomidate the skyrocketing demand. Yet somehow in Indiana, gun owner's paradise, nobody wanna do nothin' but steel matches and USPSA. :dunno:

A handful of successful matches doesn't make a sport popular.
    If you think it will fly start looking for a location and set up the match and rake in the money.
    Most all the shooting games are volunteer run and no one is making any money except the clubs with the property to hold the events and they have lots invested and the upkeep for these events it is mostly a break even deal at best.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    A handful of successful matches doesn't make a sport popular.
    If you think it will fly start looking for a location and set up the match and rake in the money.
    Most all the shooting games are volunteer run and no one is making any money except the clubs with the property to hold the events and they have lots invested and the upkeep for these events it is mostly a break even deal at best.

I hear that the 2 gun match at redbrush lost money, but that he expected it too!, I haven't heard if he's planning on running another match or not, but from what I hear, it was a good match!, and I told him that after I hear what people said about his first match, in all likely hood i'd vote to let it happen again (the 2 gun match), and I will vote yes, I heard nothing but good things about the match!

and you're right as rain!. all the people working are volunteers, and at most they get, is to shoot for free! (and if food is provided a free meal), and if theres any profit, it go's back into the ranges coffers, because ranges pay property tax, ranges pay property/liability insurance, ranges pay upkeep and range improvements, and ranges (at least ours does anyway) pay for the items needed for the matches, do you know how much it costs for enough steel plates to run a steel challenge match?, lumber for idpa matches?, now each of our committees are allowed to have some money for incidentals (paint, targets, trophy's) but the majority go's to the club. we're having a big idpa match next year, the person planning it is expecting 150 shooters at 100 bucks a gun, but extract out targets, some motion sensing targets, meal's for the shooters, money for prizes, and fee's to idpa (im sure there are any, but if there are idk how much).the match director expects to make some money, but putting on a match isn't easy or cheep!, in fact probably the cheapest thing are the volunteers!

last year we dropped over 150k on range improvements,(dirt work, new tractor and mower) and we're not done! theres more this year that we haven't approved yet, and some of the money we use, comes from the matches, and some comes from yearly member dues!, but gun ranges aint cheep!, if they were, we'd have a lot more in this country!

Top Bottom