• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wbayne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Madison
    Anyone here a member? Or shot there before? Looking to possibly become a member, seems like they have several events throughout the year and are close to me..TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2017
    SE Indiana
    Good group of folks. Only complaint I ever had is if you want the schedule of events you had to go over and take a photo of the calendar. If they would put them online I would likely still be a member.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Another member and I used to go over a few times a year and participate. Seemed like a decent group of guys. I've won money there competing but will likely not go back anymore after what happened last time. Pretty crooked

Wbayne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Madison
    more than anything just looking for a place to shoot, more than likely would end up participating in an event eventually

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Been a member there for over 10yrs.....do go on??

This past summer me and a friend participated in one of their 3 gun matches. $30/person with payout to top 3. One of participants came from an hr half away to play. It was his first time there. He had been doing 3 gun matches and was pretty darn good. He scored well. The club president went last. The timer started and he spent probably 30 seconds trying to figure out why his AR wouldn't fire. So, they stop the timer and he comes back to the start table and spends a few minutes troubleshooting. He trys again. Same thing again. So again, they stop the timer without a shot fired due to malfunctioning weapon. He spends more time looking it over. Tries a 3rd time and gun runs. He probably should've been DQ'd then for having to "start over" twice but I really didn't care that he got a run and no one else seemed to either. But wait, it gets better. Halfway through the course during live fire he realizes he's left his loaded extra pistol mag laying on the start table. So while he's shooting the pistol stage on the clock, he yells at his buddy to grab it for him. His buddy runs it out there on a live range and hands him the mag as he's ejecting the empty for the reload. NOW THAT IS SOME BS!! And wouldn't you know it that the guy that did very well for his first time there got bumped out of the money by none other than the cheating club prez. Needless to say, 3 of those guys won't go back now

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    This past summer me and a friend participated in one of their 3 gun matches. $30/person with payout to top 3. One of participants came from an hr half away to play. It was his first time there. He had been doing 3 gun matches and was pretty darn good. He scored well. The club president went last. The timer started and he spent probably 30 seconds trying to figure out why his AR wouldn't fire. So, they stop the timer and he comes back to the start table and spends a few minutes troubleshooting. He trys again. Same thing again. So again, they stop the timer without a shot fired due to malfunctioning weapon. He spends more time looking it over. Tries a 3rd time and gun runs. He probably should've been DQ'd then for having to "start over" twice but I really didn't care that he got a run and no one else seemed to either. But wait, it gets better. Halfway through the course during live fire he realizes he's left his loaded extra pistol mag laying on the start table. So while he's shooting the pistol stage on the clock, he yells at his buddy to grab it for him. His buddy runs it out there on a live range and hands him the mag as he's ejecting the empty for the reload. NOW THAT IS SOME BS!! And wouldn't you know it that the guy that did very well for his first time there got bumped out of the money by none other than the cheating club prez. Needless to say, 3 of those guys won't go back now

Wow, hadnt heard of that. Ive only done a bowling pin match there. Mainly i just practice drills with another INGOer.
    Thats sad though.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Well that sounds pretty crappy, like the dude said I just practice drills and long range accuracy. OP it’s a heck of a solid range for quality shooting huts and targets. The rifle range goes out to 660 yards and has steel targets at various distances. Also has wind socks and boards you can hang paper targets on. Also a 25 pistol only range and 50 yard whatever range. And a real clubhouse with cold drinks, targets, and an indoor bathroom.

Wbayne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Madison
    Well that sounds pretty crappy, like the dude said I just practice drills and long range accuracy. OP it’s a heck of a solid range for quality shooting huts and targets. The rifle range goes out to 660 yards and has steel targets at various distances. Also has wind socks and boards you can hang paper targets on. Also a 25 pistol only range and 50 yard whatever range. And a real clubhouse with cold drinks, targets, and an indoor bathroom.

That sounds great, exactly what i wanted to hear, thanks!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In

You might say that Im one of those 3 that wont be back... Shame to as it was a pretty decent place to do some competitions. Although after the last rifle match we did and then the 3gun fiasco I know I wont be making the drive anymore...

You have to admit though the big elaborate "safety" and rules briefing that went one before the match and all the reasons you could be DQd, funny how that only applied to everyone but the aforementioned president :rolleyes:

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Does anyone have contact information to call and talk to someone about the club or a email to contact the club. The number and email i found online are no longer good...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If you go there while open there is usually the range operator there and he can get you signed up. As you drive in the building to your right.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    If you go there while open there is usually the range operator there and he can get you signed up. As you drive in the building to your right.
    Thank You.. Do you know if the range can be rented out for one day? Im needing a place in Southern Indiana in this area for a training group..

Dingleberry

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 12, 2021
    Indiana
    Just a heads up, they have limited the range down to 200 and doubled the range dues to $65 from $25.
    They will also be setting a cap of 500 members.

Top Bottom