• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Ok lets see if we can do this like adults.

What are your Rules of thumb?

In the movie Zombieland the kid had like 100 rules he lived by.

In the shooting sports what are yours? Now I am sure this will go down the ridiculous road so have fun. Keep it clean. So they don't shut it down.

1) Never change your stage plan within 5 mins of shooting the stage. ( Yes This tragedy is what started all this)

Last edited:

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    More from a high power perspective...
    1. There are no good ideas the night before a match (don't change a trigger, stock, ammo recipe, etc right before a match without making sure it's going to work properly)
    2. Bring 20% more ammo than the match requires (might need extra sighters, shots may not register on E-targets, etc)
    3. Don;t get married to your zeros. Just because your 600 yard elevation settings have been the same for most ranges doesn't mean it can't shift by a few clicks at a different range....don't get so in love with them that you end up costing yourself points by not clicking up or down as needed

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Never ever under any circumstances bring a clean gun to a match!

if traveling to a new range, be there early! At least 30 minutes!

always thank the people working the match! Because they aren’t really working (getting paid) they’re volunteers!

don't be "that guy"...I don't care who you are, you're never too good to paint or paste targets!, I don't care if you're Leatham, Michuleck, Michel, get off your ass, and do something!!!

Last edited:

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    1. Never hand someone your phone to video you after you have made ready.
    2. If you mess up and have to reload sooner than planned, reload where you planned to regardless to get back on track.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

don't be "that guy"...I don't care who you are, you're never too good to paint or paste targets!, I don't care if you're Leatham, Michuleck, Michel, get off your ass, and do something!!!

Sadly the one guy I know who needs to hear this has been banned, so he wont see it. Not that the jackwagon would actually listen anyway.:dunno:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Sadly the one guy I know who needs to hear this has been banned, so he wont see it. Not that the jackwagon would actually listen anyway.:dunno:

If I could, I’d slap “failure to do right” or unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on people for not painting or pasting!

At our match there’s one guy who won’t go paint period! I was at a match one time and every stage we went to wasn’t painted! The first thing we had to do was paint before we shot! Every stage!

im planting a bug in the ear of our match director to run a all 8 stage match, and if he agrees I’m going to recommend that we offer the local high school shooting teams a donation in exchange for painters, a 200 dollar donation for 8 kids to paint for us

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another rule of thumb: Your memory lasts 3 steps less than it takes to get to the destination. so write it down.

Top Bottom