• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Are you wanting to get started in USPSA but don't know where to begin?
    Maybe you're not sure if you're good enough to compete or what equipment is needed?
    Are the rules overwhelming?
    Maybe you've got a few matches under your belt and you're looking for some shooting tips, or want to know how to practice and where to improve?

The Fort Wayne USPSA club will be running a USPSA "Clinic" on Saturday, March 28th at the Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver (FWRR) club in Harlan, IN.
    The club is located a few minutes NE of Fort Wayne (address/directions can be found at fwrrclub.org).

Cost is $20. Juniors are free with accompanying/paying adult. A club liability waiver will be required to be signed.

Tentative Agenda:

• morning "classroom" portion in the clubhouse:
      • rule book basics (focusing on things like safety and range commands)
      • scoring
      • divisions and equipment
      • Shooting fundamentals (grip, holsters, reloading, shot calling)
      • dryfire practice techniques
    • lunch break (Bring your own lunch)
    • afternoon "live fire" portion on the range:
      • revisit Shooting fundamentals
      • live-fire practice techniques/drills
      • sample courses of fire
      • mini-match

When we are done you should feel confident to jump in and start competing, or have new tools to improve your shooting.

Start time is 9 am. We will finish mid/late afternoon. Bring your own lunch. You will also need eye protection and hearing protection.
    The range is outdoors so dress accordingly.

If you have equipment you intent to compete with, bring it. But if you don't have something (belt, holster, etc) let me know and we'll try to work out
    loaner gear, if possible, before you go buy something.

I will primarily be running the course. I am a USPSA Grand Master. I've been involved in practical pistol since about 2002, and USPSA since about 2006.
    I'm certified as a USPSA Chief Range Officer (CRO) and am also an NRA pistol instructor. Some other experienced members of the club will be assisting me.

For now, I plan to limit attendance to 12.

If you have questions, you can ask in this thread, PM me here, or email me.

To register, please just email me at ftw_uspsa @ yahoo.com with your name and phone number.

at this time, I am not going to require payment up front. Please be considerate and only sign up if you are committed to attend, and let me know if you have to cancel. I will keep a wait list if necessary.

Thanks,
    -rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    POSTPONED.

Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, I am going to postpone the USPSA clinic at Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver. New date TBD.

Once some sense of normality returns to the world and we reschedule, I will first contact those who had already signed up to make sure they have a spot if they still want it, then I will publicize any additional slots for others to sign up.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Stay healthy.

Ryan

Top Bottom