• ...and so much more!
  • bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I probably wouldn't. I have some health issues that would keep me from pressing my luck. If it could be done via internet, FaceTime, Skype or something I'd be up for it tho.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    I would if we somehow could plan it to minimize contact, maybe smaller squad sizes, keeping distances. I think it could be done.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I would love to shoot but even though I am in good health age puts me at risk. Still not sure about all the SIP rules going on but why take chances, we will all get back someday. Besides if a lot of people get really rusty maybe they will be down to my level. Jim.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Went to Tim's Shooting in Westfield Sunday for a 30 minute session.
    Took some disinfectant wipes with me and wiped down the target lever and paper target clips. Also the shooting table.
    Ran 200 + rounds and felt at peace the rest of the day.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    I have even thought of a No Contact match where you have an appointment time to shoot. you show up the RO runs you you reset the stage and go directly to the next. You have 5 mins per stage to do all. It would work.

But you are still risking spreading the virus by touching pasters and targets, Risking the RO and it is just not worth it. It's not about your risk it is about others.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I would, I don’t see how a match is much different than going to a grocery store right now that has 100+ ppl indoors, touching food items and putting them back on the shelves ? Outdoor activities being encouraged and most matches requiring almost no contact realistically, break squads into 9, hold the pre shoot meeting independently in each squad.

I do like the appointment idea or maybe something like the old PPC matches, one target to score multiple shooting positions maybe add different distances.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    No.
    Public shooting events are far down the priority scale right now. There are other ways to shake off cabin fever safely and responsibly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Not me. Age and health issues put me in the high risk group. Not worth taking the chance of getting this thing or possibly even worse bringing it home to the wife that is in the same high risk group.

See you all when this passes.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    as much as i'd like to go shoot a match, at this time i probably wouldnt go.
    so far, 1st weekend in april, all matches that i could have gone to have been cancelled.
    gonna wait and see what happens in a couple weeks

:cheers:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Nope. I wouldn't want to catch the Kung Flu from someone else.

In this time - so many are carrying C-19 and don't know it. Some it takes two weeks for infection to settle in, in others they just carry it. But I am in two separate high-risk categories. No farking way would I submit myself to be around who knows how many healthy carriers.

And, frankly, I think it's idiotic to even plan a social event until this crap is essentially over.

Again - there are untold thousands of people who are carrying this and remain unaffected. That one carrier can infect everyone else the come in contact with. A) why do that, B) why subject yourself to the possibility?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I think I would. I was talking to a friend about this yesterday and saying I'd like to shoot steel challenge right about now because there wouldn't be so many people. If only 30-50 people show up and not 100 so we are done by 1pm instead of 5pm I'd be all about it. Taking up too much of my day is why I haven't gone and shot any matches for awhile.

I also saw some guys in TN were talking about organizing COVID-19 two gun match that had to be shot with a gas mask on, and you show up with all your gear on. Thought that was kind of a cool/fun idea for those that have that kind of stuff.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think I would. I was talking to a friend about this yesterday and saying I'd like to shoot steel challenge right about now because there wouldn't be so many people. If only 30-50 people show up and not 100 so we are done by 1pm instead of 5pm I'd be all about it. Taking up too much of my day is why I haven't gone and shot any matches for awhile.

I also saw some guys in TN were talking about organizing COVID-19 two gun match that had to be shot with a gas mask on, and you show up with all your gear on. Thought that was kind of a cool/fun idea for those that have that kind of stuff.

I had considered a carbine match shot with gas mask and gloves. I can stay 6 ft away from others while I shoot.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    I would, I don’t see how a match is much different than going to a grocery store right now that has 100+ ppl indoors, touching food items and putting them back on the shelves ? Outdoor activities being encouraged and most matches requiring almost no contact realistically, break squads into 9, hold the pre shoot meeting independently in each squad.

I do like the appointment idea or maybe something like the old PPC matches, one target to score multiple shooting positions maybe add different distances.
    The difference in going to the grocery store and shooting a match is you need food to survive. The idea is to minimize your contact with others to the Minimum. That is the difference.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    I am as a ready as anyone to get back to shooting. I respect the current orders from the Governor and only travel as necessary for groceries. Let's follow the procedures and try to squash the virus.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The difference in going to the grocery store and shooting a match is you need food to survive. The idea is to minimize your contact with others to the Minimum. That is the difference.

I understand but if the concern is coming into contact with the virus you are 10x more likely to do so at a grocery store, gas station, etc that sees 1000s in a day than you are at a local shooting match with 50 people.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I understand but if the concern is coming into contact with the virus you are 10x more likely to do so at a grocery store, gas station, etc that sees 1000s in a day than you are at a local shooting match with 50 people.

At the store I use the handy wipe thingies on the cart handle, do not touch anything I am not going to buy, maintain distance, and wash my hands after getting through with checkout. Usually in and out in about 1/2 hour.

At a match all of the booger pickers tend to; fondle the same timers and iPads, fondle the same paster rolls & targets, blow air as they are scampering about, fondle the same tables and chairs, get a bit close, spend 3-4 hours together.

Not sure which is potentially worse for spreading something.

Top Bottom