ACC Considering weekly USPSA Practice, Opinions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE

I am considering a weekly Practice for USPSA on a weeknight night. This would be a $5 charge thing just to pay for paper. One bay and we will try several things on a weekly basis. Is there any interest in this. Would Tuesday or Thursday be better? It would start at 5pm but you could come after that because it’s practice. And we would end between 7:30-8. I am looking for your response to this before I say it is a go. If we have enough interest we will give it a try. Let me know what you think.I need feedback.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Looks like ACC is afraid to commit.
    Really! Where do you get that from? I am putting out feelers to see if it is worth while.

It's called intellegent planning. You should try it.

On second thought lets talk about commitment.

1, ACC has matches for most every discipline of shooting sports that there is.

2, Dan Hart and Greg Herrell have ran one of the best USPSA matches in the area for years. You Don't have the balls to disagree with that.

3, ACC has and is investing in it's members and shooting sports as much as any club and more than most every club.

4, Since taking over USPSA at ACC I have created 2 matches on our weekends to help with shooters having options.

5, Since I took over I have put on new shooters orientations that last over 3 hours to help them get comfortable with USPSA and the rules and commands. Free of Charge.

6, I have spent many hours Building and repairing equipment.

7, I Opened the CENTRAL INDIANA CHAMPIONSHIP which still being a level 1 but it is going to be a huge level 1 match.

8, I have represented USPSA to our BOD to do everything I can for USPSA.

9, Now I have proposed this to see if it works. I know it has been done before and failed so I am looking into it.

10, I have referred several people to a certain facility for training that they needed.

'So now that we cleared that up and you see my and ACC's commitment to shooters and the shooting sports, I ask this. What have you done lately that you have not charged people for?

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It was in no way a crack on you. I was commenting simply about the lack of public response to a good question and idea.

I will try and be more clear in the future.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    https://practiscore.com/results/new/106893

Here is a link to a match I recently organized and put on. I did not dp it alone. Had great help. Did not make a dime gave the profits to wvpps, but put my name on it for political reasons.

Is that lately enough?

I help set up at wvpps every match. With the exception of one season I have done that since 2004.

I could go on but I wont.

mscottsnow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I didn’t see a post from anyone else but ACC did this several years ago there was a small group of guys that would get together and practice, set up mini-stages. I’m not sure what happened but it fizzled out. Maybe people just got too busy or lost interest. I know I would like to see it again.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I would like the opportunity. Tuesday would be better for me.

Would the practice sessions be open to non-USPSA members, and could it be used for USPSA familiarization?

1730 hours is essentially the earliest I could hope to get there. Any earlier and it would not be doable on a weeknight event if I left work right at 1530.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    I didn’t see a post from anyone else but ACC did this several years ago there was a small group of guys that would get together and practice, set up mini-stages. I’m not sure what happened but it fizzled out. Maybe people just got too busy or lost interest. I know I would like to see it again.

Yep I am aware that they did this before and Longbeard has even contacted me about it with some things he would recommend to make it work.

I likely will try this but like I said I am still thinking it through to figure out some thing that make it work.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Between Facebooks post and INGO about this we are overwhelmingly looking at Tuesday.

Do we do every week or every other week?

I am thinking of drills and stages mixed.

I am concerned that when closing up time comes that some may finish just ahead of that to avoid helping put away. For this to be successful everyone would need to do what they can to help.

Just some thoughts on my mind about this right now.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    It seems like every week would make it more consistent and easier to make part of someone's weekly routine. It seems that every other week would make it easy to skip one which would break the routine. Life has a way of having things come up that interferes with what we want to do.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    It seems like every week would make it more consistent and easier to make part of someone's weekly routine. It seems that every other week would make it easy to skip one which would break the routine. Life has a way of having things come up that interferes with what we want to do.
    Yep.

Top Bottom