SCSA at ACC is a GO for Saturday. (16 MY 2020)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    Steel Shooters ! ! ! ---

The Steel Challenge Match is ON for Saturday the 16th at Atlanta Conservation Club. ACC WEBSITE HERE.

Atlanta Conservation Club is affiliated with the Steel Challenge Shooters Association (SCSA), who put on the World Speed Shooting Championship in Piru, California (and other venues). Our matches ARE sanctioned, and you will need to become an SCSA member in order to be classified.

Saturday's weather :: LOOKS TO BE WET AND MUGGY, Rainy - high temperature about 73º.
    If there are thunderstorms :: LIGHTNING will delay the match. SHELTER IN YOUR VEHICLE.

POLICY AT ACC: THE ACC MEMBERSHIP RECENTLY VOTED AND CLEARLY STATED THAT LATE REGISTRATION AT MATCHES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED FOR ANY REASON. MISSING ANY PART OF THE SHOOTER'S MEETING IS CONSIDERED A BREECH OF SAFETY, (DISQUALIFYING YOU FROM THE MATCH). THEREFORE, BE PUNCTUAL.
    THIS TAKES CARE OF ITSELF AT STEEL MATCHES, BECAUSE I HAVE ALWAYS CLOSED SIGN-IN BEFORE STARTING THE SHOOTER SAFETY BRIEFINGS.

COVID-19 precautions ::
    RO’s – Bring/use your personal timer. Bring a MASK for use while RO-ing. ***I don’t have any to pass out.***
    SK’s – Bring a MASK for use while SK-ing. ***I don’t have any to pass out.***
    Shooters – Mask is your choice.
    The clubhouse will be closed. Thus, shooters proceed directly to their bay after set-up. Pledge of Allegiance in bays...
    Safety briefings will be led by squad RO before the match starts -- in their respective bays.
    RO's -- bring and use personal timers.
    I'm going to need 5 designated ScoreKeepers; who will shoot for free, like SO/RO's, due to the mask requirement.

Hover around, but don’t go into occupied Bays. I.e. ONE squad per bay.

TIMETABLE ::
    8:30 set-up Bring gloves !!
    9:30 RO meeting with Eric in Bay 3
    9:30 SK meeting with Mark in Bay 4
    10:00 go to your Bay (= squad number)
    10:00 Pledge of Allegiance & Safety Briefing at your Bay
    10:17 BANG AND CLANG

PRACTISCORE LINK ::
    https://practiscore.com/acc-scsa-5-16-2020/register

MAY ONLY -- $10 per entry, for ACC members and guests alike; to be paid via PractiScore during sign-up.

PLEASE PARK AT THE TOP OF THE HILL. (IF YOU NEED TO PARK CLOSER, YOU CAN PARK WHEREVER THE GROUND IS FIRM) THANK YOU.

NOTE ::
    ACC IS A COLD RANGE. DO NOT "GUN-UP" IN, OR AT, YOUR CAR --- USE THE SAFE AREAS, PREFERABLY WITH AN R.O., OR JUST WAIT UNTIL THE FIRST STAGE.
    You can load magazines anywhere EXCEPT THE SAFE AREAS :: but DO NOT remove your gun from its box or bag until you are on the line, ready to compete. (Or you are at one of the SAFE AREAS, with an R.O. :: For example - if you need to verify function, or clean something.)

Stages to be fired:
    PLATE RACK -- maybe
    (3) SCSA stages
    (1) of my stages

Bring 200+ rounds of ammo per entry - - - (Minimum round count = 125 rounds).
    5 (or more) magazines / speed loaders / moon clips will make your day a lot easier.

DIVISIONS are ::

HOLSTERED ::
    Production; Double action and “Safe action”. All GLOCKs, Beretta 92, SIG 229, 226 . . . Springfield XDs (because SCSA is part of USPSA).
    Limited; Single action 1911’s with IRON sights, no compensators.
    Open; Anything goes (semi-automatic).
    Cowboy; Any SASS handgun division. <}:-}) for whatever Raton Rick wants to bring.
    Revolver; for all revolvers, IRON sights.

LOW-READY ::
    PCCI; (Carbine); CF PISTOL calibers, IRON sights NO MAGNUM CALIBERS.
    PCCO; (Carbine); CF PISTOL calibers, OPTIC sights NO MAGNUM CALIBERS.
    GSSF; Production guns, but WITHOUT the holster.
    BUG; Back Up Gun. IDPA definition. (Roughly GLOCK 26 and smaller.)

RIMFIRE (LOW-READY) ::
    RFPO; Rimfire Pistol Optic; .22LR, OPTIC sights. Pistol.
    RFPI; Rimfire Pistol Iron; .22LR, IRON sights. Pistol.
    RFRO; Rimfire Rifle Optic; .22LR, OPTIC sights. Rifle and Carbine.
    RFRI; Rimfire Rifle Iron; .22LR, IRON sights. Rifle and Carbine.
    RFWO; Rimfire Revolver Optic; .22LR, OPTIC sights. For 6 to 10-shooters.
    RFWI; Rimfire Revolver Iron; .22LR, IRON sights. For 6 to 10-shooters.

Other Divisions may be added from time to time. E.g. BBB; Big Bore Blaster.

The State SCSA Match will have standard SCSA Divisions ONLY. My matches have some extra divisions that are NOT eligible for classification...

Top Bottom