• ...and so much more!
  • Darwin1973

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 6, 2015
    Columbus
    South Central Gun Club USPSA Match 5 July

5 field stages and a speed shoot. Maybe even a classifier also to celebrate the 4th of July

Set up is Saturday the 4th at 9am. We always can use set up help. Sunday we will need ROs also.

Remember...
    Lots of construction in the area. Hwy 135 was closed both north and South of the range. It still could be.
    From 58 South go east on 258 to Base Line road(by the Big Flag) and turn south to 300N and turn right, this will take you back to 135 and then turn North to the range.
    From Seymour take 258 to the Big flag turn south and follow the above direction.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Will the club be starting steel challenge back soon?

Steel Challenge is being replaced with Family Steel for 2020. The difference being that the stages may or may not be official steel challenge Or SASP stages. Our goal is to provide the club membership with a fun, affordable, relaxed shooting opportunity. Once the new Steel Committee gets their feet wet and we might/probably transition to setting up a couple Steel Challenge stages to resume matches in 2021. All of this will be based on feedback from SCGC membership. So far the feedback we have received from our members has been very positive.

The last communication I received from the Steel Committee was second Saturday of the month. 10am setup, 11am sign in, 12pm (noon) match. The time shift was because teenagers are bears in the morning to get out of bed and every family activity in the world is on Saturday morning.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Steel Challenge is being replaced with Family Steel for 2020. The difference being that the stages may or may not be official steel challenge Or SASP stages. Our goal is to provide the club membership with a fun, affordable, relaxed shooting opportunity. Once the new Steel Committee gets their feet wet and we might/probably transition to setting up a couple Steel Challenge stages to resume matches in 2021. All of this will be based on feedback from SCGC membership. So far the feedback we have received from our members has been very positive.

The last communication I received from the Steel Committee was second Saturday of the month. 10am setup, 11am sign in, 12pm (noon) match. The time shift was because teenagers are bears in the morning to get out of bed and every family activity in the world is on Saturday morning.

I might take a ride down there one Saturday to try this out.

Lands03

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2018
    Hope
    From the north, 58 and 135 were both open Saturday morning. Had to dodge the signs at the bridge just south of the 58 turn off, but no other issues.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    too slow but at least no misses today (first time post covid)

Mag issue on one and nearly a pants issue on stage 6

Shot my first A classifier in Limited. I better knock that crap off

Lots of sweating

Overall, had a fun day

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Always a great match at SC makes it worth the long drive. Great job by all the setup crew.

I felt I shot a decent match with only 1 bo bo (No Shoot) for the hole match. Then I see the results and well it's a tough crowd down there. You guys really need to quit this practicing stuff.

Then I look at the stage results and my best stage is the long run up hill that made me about have a heart attack! Still not sure what happened there. LOL Great day and great people.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    It had been many years since I shot a USPSA event and it shows. I wasn't good before, I'm well into "suck" status now.
    BIG thanks to the folks that put this on, very well ran event! The range itself is setup different than most I've been to. Lots of shade (compared to most anyway.)
    Sunday reminded me, you can be really bad at this and it is still VERY fun!

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    :rockwoot:
    It had been many years since I shot a USPSA event and it shows. I wasn't good before, I'm well into "suck" status now.
    BIG thanks to the folks that put this on, very well ran event! The range itself is setup different than most I've been to. Lots of shade (compared to most anyway.)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

I may have to reconsider trying it...after I get some more practice...:)

Top Bottom