Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Grandmaster VERT's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    SCGC Family Steel July 11th

    What a crazy 2020 season so far! South Central Gun Club is happy to finally be getting back to a somewhat normal schedule. Upon the request and feedback from our members we will be hosting Family Steel Matches for the remainder of the season. Initially these matches will not include official steel challenge stages...although I expect family, friends and the good natured ribbing that is sure to ensue. Now all you have to do is pack up the .22 rifle and get the teenager away from the Xbox.

    Saturday July 11th

    8am setup, 9am sign in, 10am start.

    $10 for 1st gun, $5 additional gun (2 gun limit)

    Youth shoot for $5 for up to 2 guns.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

  2. #2
    Grandmaster gregkl's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I'll post in this thread vs the other. I have a few questions:

    Is the start time 9 am for sure?

    Do you need help for set up?

    What caliber firearms can I use? Is it .22 only or can I shoot a 9 mm?

    Rifle only? Line above saying pack up the .22 rifle and... confuses my feeble mind slightly.

    How long will this last? And what can I expect for round counts?

    Any particular gear I need to have? Holsters, mag carriers, body armor?

    If there is a site I can go to for more info, a link would be fine so you don't have to answer all these question. Thanks!
    Anything is possible

  3. #3
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    Help with set up would be appreciated. Start time is 10am.This is open to any pistol caliber, hand gun or rifle. You need a holster for center fire pistols, rim fire is start with pistol in hands. You need enough magazine to shoot each stage with out having to stop and reload magazines. There are 5 stage of 25rds. minimum each so 125rds for match per gun. The stages take around 30 minutes per stage so 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

  4. #4
    Expert blkrifle's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by sv40sw45 View Post
    Help with set up would be appreciated. Start time is 10am.This is open to any pistol caliber, hand gun or rifle. You need a holster for center fire pistols, rim fire is start with pistol in hands. You need enough magazine to shoot each stage with out having to stop and reload magazines. There are 5 stage of 25rds. minimum each so 125rds for match per gun. The stages take around 30 minutes per stage so 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

    HMMMMMM! sounds a lot like steel challenge....
    USPSA Indiana section coordinator. Riley Conservation Club President

  5. #5
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by blkrifle View Post
    HMMMMMM! sounds a lot like steel challenge....

  6. #6
    Master Grelber's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by blkrifle View Post
    HMMMMMM! sounds a lot like steel challenge....
    How does the money work out when clubs who have been having steel matches for years become affiliated with an organization?

    Two local clubs have become affiliated in the last two or three years, as far as casual shooting goes I do not see any change.
    In a perfect world liberals would taste good and be easy to field dress.

  7. #7
    Grandmaster VERT's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    I'll post in this thread vs the other. I have a few questions:

    Is the start time 9 am for sure?

    Do you need help for set up?

    What caliber firearms can I use? Is it .22 only or can I shoot a 9 mm?

    Rifle only? Line above saying pack up the .22 rifle and... confuses my feeble mind slightly.

    How long will this last? And what can I expect for round counts?

    Any particular gear I need to have? Holsters, mag carriers, body armor?

    If there is a site I can go to for more info, a link would be fine so you don't have to answer all these question. Thanks!
    It was fun. I grabbed a box of 9mm that was a mix of stuff that didnít pass through the case gauge correctly and other random factory ammo, along with a couple Glocks. Also grabbed a .22 rifle. So nothing special. You could have drawn from a holster or started from a low ready position. This isnít about winning or losing, it is about having fun with the equipment you have. Body armor is completely optional and best worn on very hot days. If I had to make a list of equipment it would be the same as any other recommendation. Handgun in a suitable common caliber, 5 magazines, sturdy belt, 2 x magazine pouch, outside the waistband holster made specifically for your firearm. Or you can shoot .22LR rifle or pistol, you will want them to be fed from a detachable magazine. I would always bring 200 rounds for each gun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grelber View Post
    How does the money work out when clubs who have been having steel matches for years become affiliated with an organization?

    Two local clubs have become affiliated in the last two or three years, as far as casual shooting goes I do not see any change.
    Not sure I understand the question? An affiliated club has to shoot at least 2 official stages at an official match and owes SCSA money. I donít think those fees cost much, but couldnít say. We donít charge much for matches so collecting money isnít really the objective. We had 3 teenagers and 2 newer shooters with us on Saturday, that was the objective.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

  8. #8
    Grandmaster gregkl's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    [QUOTE=VERT;8362708]It was fun. I grabbed a box of 9mm that was a mix of stuff that didnít pass through the case gauge correctly and other random factory ammo, along with a couple Glocks. Also grabbed a .22 rifle. So nothing special. You could have drawn from a holster or started from a low ready position. This isnít about winning or losing, it is about having fun with the equipment you have. Body armor is completely optional and best worn on very hot days. If I had to make a list of equipment it would be the same as any other recommendation. Handgun in a suitable common caliber, 5 magazines, sturdy belt, 2 x magazine pouch, outside the waistband holster made specifically for your firearm. Or you can shoot .22LR rifle or pistol, you will want them to be fed from a detachable magazine. I would always bring 200 rounds for each gun.



    Not sure I understand the question? An affiliated club has to shoot at least 2 official stages at an official match and owes SCSA money. I donít think those fees cost much, but couldnít say. We donít charge much for matches so collecting money isnít really the objective. We had 3 teenagers and 2 newer shooters with us on Saturday, that was the objective.[/QUOTE
    ]

    When did it finish up? I passed on coming because of the later start thinking that with drive time I wouldn't have gotten home until 2ish.

    I'm not at the point yet where I can give up so much day with what I have going on.
    Anything is possible

  9. #9
    Grandmaster VERT's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Sign in was 9am, we started shooting at 10 am. Ran a little slower yesterday because the Steel Committee was new and I havenít shot steel in a while. Little things like bagging and unbagging rifles and having enough people on a squad so magazines can get reloaded quickly affects the flow. Regardless I was home a little after 3pm so was out there until 2:30ish. Match would have been over but then the obligatory BS session must ensue.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

  10. #10
    Grandmaster gregkl's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Sign in was 9am, we started shooting at 10 am. Ran a little slower yesterday because the Steel Committee was new and I havenít shot steel in a while. Little things like bagging and unbagging rifles and having enough people on a squad so magazines can get reloaded quickly affects the flow. Regardless I was home a little after 3pm so was out there until 2:30ish. Match would have been over but then the obligatory BS session must ensue.
    One day, I'll make it to some kind of event, I'm pretty sure. I just have an issue with time,lol.

    I went to my range, ran a few drills, hit the dueling tree and plate rack a couple times, spent about 75 rounds and was back home at 9:40 to start my "chores".

    Anything is possible

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge