• Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    TSA 2-gun ON for Sun 7/26 at TCC

Well guys, dust’em off. It looks like the only moisture falling will be your sweat. Finally a day without the threat of rain and mud.
    The grounds look pretty good. I was out there Monday night and although the grass is still a little sparse, it is there and we won’t be killing it by uprooting it via mud.
    We have a good set of COF’s for ya. Hope to see ya there.

BTW, masks are your choice. I will not be wearing one but you are welcome to if you choose.
    Load’em up!!! [FONT=&amp][/FONT]
    Chaz

Registration at 9am.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I need to take inventory on my non-metalic projectile 5.56 but if that isn't scary bad, I'm in!
    I'll wear a mask just to get my battle belt out, the dust on it is probably a health hazard. :-)

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the heads up! Regarding non-metallic projectile, is ammo restricted to frangible or just excludes steel core / magnetic?

I need to take inventory on my non-metalic projectile 5.56 but if that isn't scary bad, I'm in!
    I'll wear a mask just to get my battle belt out, the dust on it is probably a health hazard. :-)

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Thanks for the heads up! Regarding non-metallic projectile, is ammo restricted to frangible or just excludes steel core / magnetic?

I said that wrong, thanks for catching that. I didn't intend to mean non-metalic :ugh: You are not required to use frangible.
    The host range facility has in their bylaws no projectiles that attract a magnet. The event has always had the stance (if not officially) that you must not use any projectiles that attract a magnet on the stages that have steel. If you mix this up and do damage to steel you bought it.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I'm not the OP but I got the same email. Yes it is referring to Sunday 7/26. The thread title is an error.

Corrected, thank you.

Regarding the ammunition, the event uses steel targets on 1 of the 4 stages that will be damaged by ammunition with steel penetrator cores. The other 3 stages are all paper. Unofficially it's fine to burn some M855 or whatever on the other 3 stages as long as you stay organized and don't put any into the steel. Steel cases are fine, same rule, no steel penetrators in the projectiles. Regular lead FMJ is fine, frangibles are not required.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Thank you for clarifying! Need to go through my rifle ammo tomorrow!

I said that wrong, thanks for catching that. I didn't intend to mean non-metalic :ugh: You are not required to use frangible.
    The host range facility has in their bylaws no projectiles that attract a magnet. The event has always had the stance (if not officially) that you must not use any projectiles that attract a magnet on the stages that have steel. If you mix this up and do damage to steel you bought it.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Great time today and it was Hot. Kudos to Chaz and Walt for their hard work.
    I had a lot of fun and plan on being at the next one, schedule permitting.
    Thanks again organizers and shooter alike it was a great day.
    Nigel

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It was hot. AKs are difficult to shoot.

Scores typically go out by email within a day or two.

Top Bottom