Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ark

User Info Menu

TSA 2-gun ON for Sun 7/26 at TCC

Well guys, dust’em off. It looks like the only moisture falling will be your sweat. Finally a day without the threat of rain and mud.
    The grounds look pretty good. I was out there Monday night and although the grass is still a little sparse, it is there and we won’t be killing it by uprooting it via mud.
    We have a good set of COF’s for ya. Hope to see ya there.

BTW, masks are your choice. I will not be wearing one but you are welcome to if you choose.
    Load’em up!!! 😊
    Chaz

Registration at 9am.
    Last edited by Ark; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:16.

User Info Menu

I need to take inventory on my non-metalic projectile 5.56 but if that isn't scary bad, I'm in!
    I'll wear a mask just to get my battle belt out, the dust on it is probably a health hazard. :-)
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

Plinker

User Info Menu

Sunday 7/26?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim b View Post
    Sunday 7/26?
    I'm not the OP but I got the same email. Yes it is referring to Sunday 7/26. The thread title is an error.
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

Plinker

User Info Menu

Thanks for the heads up! Regarding non-metallic projectile, is ammo restricted to frangible or just excludes steel core / magnetic?

Quote Originally Posted by SmileDocHill View Post
    I need to take inventory on my non-metalic projectile 5.56 but if that isn't scary bad, I'm in!
    I'll wear a mask just to get my battle belt out, the dust on it is probably a health hazard. :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brchixwing View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! Regarding non-metallic projectile, is ammo restricted to frangible or just excludes steel core / magnetic?
    I said that wrong, thanks for catching that. I didn't intend to mean non-metalic You are not required to use frangible.
    The host range facility has in their bylaws no projectiles that attract a magnet. The event has always had the stance (if not officially) that you must not use any projectiles that attract a magnet on the stages that have steel. If you mix this up and do damage to steel you bought it.

Ark

User Info Menu

I'm not the OP but I got the same email. Yes it is referring to Sunday 7/26. The thread title is an error.
    Corrected, thank you.

Regarding the ammunition, the event uses steel targets on 1 of the 4 stages that will be damaged by ammunition with steel penetrator cores. The other 3 stages are all paper. Unofficially it's fine to burn some M855 or whatever on the other 3 stages as long as you stay organized and don't put any into the steel. Steel cases are fine, same rule, no steel penetrators in the projectiles. Regular lead FMJ is fine, frangibles are not required.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Thank you for clarifying! Need to go through my rifle ammo tomorrow!

I said that wrong, thanks for catching that. I didn't intend to mean non-metalic You are not required to use frangible.
    The host range facility has in their bylaws no projectiles that attract a magnet. The event has always had the stance (if not officially) that you must not use any projectiles that attract a magnet on the stages that have steel. If you mix this up and do damage to steel you bought it.

User Info Menu

Planning to be there for this one. Looking forward to it.

Expert

User Info Menu

Hating to miss this. First match since February (?)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast