• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don Parks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    All shooting events at M.C.F.&.G. has been cancelled. Will let everyone know when we can start F.N.S. back up.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    How about they restrict FNS to members only? People who willingly expose themselves to the BS "risk" of COVID?

I in no way represent MCFG or its management, so this is just my twopence, but I strongly suspect this is not anything related to "members vs.outsiders." Probably more of a no-win situation for the club.

As much as we'd like to think shooters are freedom lovers who don't buy the hype about this pandemic, the reality is there are likely a significant number of them who are old and health compromised, and fearful about this virus affecting them.

The Johnson County Health Department, for example, recounted in the paper this week they are getting upwards of 30 calls a day, of people "tattling" on other people not wearing masks.

If even a single person shows up with a mask on, and the club doesn't require everyone else to wear one too, you have the makings of a criminal action against the club at the least, to a lawsuit at the worst if someone catches C19 after participating in a non-social-distanced event there.

So rather than force everyone to wear a mask, and draw the firestorm for that...what do you do? If you're acting in a fiduciary capacity for the club, my guess is you cancel Friday Night Steel, at minimum until we get a different Governor.

And for my comments on that, I refer you to the subject thred in the Political section...:popcorn:

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up ,was looking forward to Friday night I need the trigger time ,stay safe

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    County health department steps up enforcement of mask, social distancing mandates

...The Marion County Public Health Department will now immediately slap $1,000 fines on businesses and venues that defy mask and social distancing mandates, stepping up enforcement of the county’s public health order, Dr. Virginia Caine, department director, announced Tuesday.
    The announcement came after the health department investigated at least three Marion County businesses and venues that were accused of violating the public health order over the weekend, including the Indianapolis Speedrome, which the health department said did not enforce the mask mandate and exceeded capacity limits. The Speedrome was cited and fined $1,000.

Previously, the department was taking an education-first approach by issuing initial warnings and then fines starting at $50. To date, the department has received 407 complaints about violations but has issued only two citations.

“The education and warning period is over,” Caine said during a press conference.

The department will now immediately issue $1,000 fines if it determines a business isn’t following the county’s guidance for safely operating.

Fines could go higher, up to $1,500 a day, for businesses that continue to violate the order and, if deemed necessary, the health department can shut them down, Caine said.

Individuals may also be fined up to $1,000, but the health department’s enforcement effort will focus on businesses and venues...

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Except the "law" has medical exemptions. It doesn't even attempt to require businesses to "police" their patrons. Only one business has even called for a manager over my saying "medical exemption" and I walked away from that store instead of giving them my money.

I get it, but I also don't.

Top Bottom