• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcs36

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    For those of you that have already registered for this match, please note the change to your squad number. The stage that you signed up on has not changed. Simply the squad number. This was done so that your squad number now matches the bay that you will start in. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
    Thank You,
    Richard Stokes
    rcs36@yahoo.com

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    Level 1 Match, 8 Stages, open to anyone

This match is Saturday, September 5th.

Set up is at 8 am. Registration starts at 9 am. Shooters meeting at 9:45 am. Fun begins at 10 am.

In with 3 Guns. Who said I couldn't 3 Gun? LOL!!!!! Thank goodness, this 3 gunning only requires about 3 steps of movement on the clock!!!!

Even though Title of this Thread/Match is Warm Up for World Speed, this match is open to any shooter who can follow basic range commands and handle their firearm safely. It is 8 stages, great chance to shoot them all at one time. It is a level one match, which means you do NOT have to have a Steel Challenge Membership to shoot it. Come have some fun, get tired after 5 or 6 stages, drop out and watch the others shoot.

Last edited:

rcs36

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Is this lunch after, like last time?

This question got me to thinking. Which is the best time to provide lunch? During the match or after? During will guarantee that you will get your lunch, but will prolong the match. If served afterwards, during the awards ceremony, two birds can be killed with one stone. I know some travel a long ways to get to the match and are anxious to leave after the match. That is fine too, grab your lunch and go. So let's take a poll and you post your preferred time to serve lunch for an 8 stage match like this one. Ready? Go!

Last edited:

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    I liked lunch at the end myself. I brought enough snacks and a sandwich to get me through. Serving lunch is really nice btw. Takes a lot of effort. Thanks for that.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    After seems to work best. For myself and others I have squadded with, the break in the middle of the match for food slows people down.
    I also agree with the comments about those who travel making the break a longer day.
    Thanks for asking!

Matt 22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2019
    Avon
    Thank you to Scott for ROing our squad and to everyone else for putting on another great match and the lunch. Looking forward to the next one.

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    Great Day for Shooting Steel

Thank you to Scott for ROing our squad and to everyone else for putting on another great match and the lunch. Looking forward to the next one.
    Thanks Matt,
    Always a pleasure to shoot with you. Was a great squad today, it's always nice when everyone pitches in. Nice day for shooting, happy to live in a country where we can enjoy doing something like this. I hope, pray and will vote to try to keep it this way!!!!!

Top Bottom