Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Attendance

Plinker

User Info Menu

Match Attendance

All,

A trend we have been seeing here in central Indiana is a sharp reduction in competitive shooting sports attendance across the board. As a match director I'm trying to understand what is driving this? Is it COVID concerns? Ammo shortage?Match fees? Lack of interest? Etc.

I would be interested in hearing individual stories on this.

Thanks
    Last edited by carbine.shooters; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:31.

Marksman

User Info Menu

COVID, ammo shortage and reduced income are likely causes.

User Info Menu

Probably also the lack of walk-on ability is impacting it. Since you and others are requiring non refundable prepayments, there will be some that just wont show because they arent sure they can make it and arent willing to commit and lose the money if they cant make it.

This isnt a bad thing. I've actually enjoyed not being at the match until 3 (or later) because the squads were huge.

The downside is the smaller squads means less pasters. I lost track of how many times I had to yell for others to paste during the last match because I was one of the only ones actually pasting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Ammo shortage would be my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marksman

User Info Menu

Covid concern ( were I shoot, many of the best competitors are in the most vulnerable she bracket), followed by ammo. The match director were I normally shoot is trying to control round count for this reason.

Finally, even if your still employed, you likely know what is coming and may well be already limiting expenses.
    Never ascribe to malice or conspiracy, that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or incompetence...

User Info Menu

Covid risk.
    No Compromise

User Info Menu

Main topic of discussion at matches lately is lack of ammo and loading supplies.
    Heard many say they are slowing down with practice and will have to slow down shooting matches if this lasts very long.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bosshoss View Post
    Main topic of discussion at matches lately is lack of ammo and loading supplies.
    Heard many say they are slowing down with practice and will have to slow down shooting matches if this lasts very long.
    I dont do matches, but I would guess its probably more the uncertainty in getting more ammo or reloading supplies, like you stated. I know its slowed down my range trips. I have adequate supply of both ammo and reloading components, but the uncertainty of being able to replace those has me shooting less
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve Order in the world as well as property . . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Rio
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Lack of ammo is my guess. Everyone I know has talked about ammo/availability recently. I bought quite a bit early and with all the cancelled matches in the spring I am just starting to run low on 9mm. I broke my reloaded out for the first time in several years.
    uncertainty doesnít help. Lest face it anyone saying they know what the political climate will be next week is guessing. Who knows what social issue will come up next.

Marksman

User Info Menu

My match attendance is down this year due to corona and lack of time. The March, April, and May matches were all cancelled due to corona. Through the summer, my full and part time jobs (both ag) are demanding more of my time.

Judging by ammo consumption, Iím shooting 1/6 as much as last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast