• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CATDaddy47

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2020
    Huntington
    I’m looking for a club that holds IDPA matches! I’m looking to become a member of the club as well! Not just use you for comps. Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    USPSA NE of FtW near Harlan, 3rd Sundays, announcements posted in this sub-forum.
    club is Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver.

warsaw is a Very good club.

Nearer to Huntington is Hillside in Roanoke. Not sure they are doing any pistol matches, they used to host 3-gun

a little farther south is Atlanta Conservation Club, Atlanta IN. They do IDPA.

CATDaddy47

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2020
    Huntington
    I appreciate everyone’s suggestions. I had a feeling Atlanta would be my best bet for IDPA. Am I wrong for thinking IDPA will have less....”pretentious” members that USPSA....or is this just something I’ve made up in my mind?

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    I appreciate everyone’s suggestions. I had a feeling Atlanta would be my best bet for IDPA. Am I wrong for thinking IDPA will have less....”pretentious” members that USPSA....or is this just something I’ve made up in my mind?
    Delusion create in your mind!!!!! LOL

I shoot both and can tell little difference as the word Pretentious would go. But you have to understand some are there for fun and some are there to win. Some are Nice and some don't care. If you go there to enjoy yourself and improve your shooting you will have fun. If you go there to be concerned what others think of you then not so much.

cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne

Either discipline can contain a variety of personalities. We are people. The people that have replied to this thread are the same people you would see at the Warsaw, Fort Wayne, and Atlanta USPSA matches.

Find what you like and have fun.

Not sure of your background in pistol competitions but steel challenge is a really good first match to get used to how matches are run. You stand in one spot for the most part and shoot the targets.

IDPA is more defined in how you have to shoot. Generally everyone shooting a stage will shoot it a very similar way to satisfy the rules. Scoring is time plus deductions made for not hitting the best scorning zone on the target. USPSA requires you to formulate a plan and run it. It requires you to think about how you can best run the stage. Scoring is Hit Factor. Points earned per second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CATDaddy47

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2020
    Huntington
    I’m coming from a small cowboy action shooting background. A lot of older gentlemen that are there for a good time and the score doesn’t matter. A real “Whose line is it anyways” type of feel. I don’t care too much of what others think, as long as the majority are cool and willing to help out then, I’m happy. I’m wanting to get into it for myself and my skills, nothing more.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

no, that’s ridiculous.

give both a try. I haven’t shot IDPA in ~12 years; once I tried uspsa I learned I like it much better. Generally, longer more challenging courses that you get to decide how to shoot.

CATDaddy47

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2020
    Huntington
    no, that’s ridiculous.

give both a try. I haven’t shot IDPA in ~12 years; once I tried uspsa I learned I like it much better. Generally, longer more challenging courses that you get to decide how to shoot.

I figured it was. I gained that thought due to some of the outlandish pistols some guys compete with. (Open class obviously) I’m actually leaning towards USPSA given the fact that I can plan out the course and run it the way that I feel is best/I’m most comfortable with.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I figured it was. I gained that thought due to some of the outlandish pistols some guys compete with. (Open class obviously) I’m actually leaning towards USPSA given the fact that I can plan out the course and run it the way that I feel is best/I’m most comfortable with.

9/20 is our next uspsa match in Fort Wayne (Harlan). I’m the match director. Feel free to Pm or email or ask here if you have questions. We’d love to have you come shoot with us.

Registration will be posted at this link a few days prior or you can sign up at the match : https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ort-wayne-uspsa-2020-match-announcements.html. Basic info like club address, cost, etc also at that link.

-rvb

CATDaddy47

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2020
    Huntington
    9/20 is our next uspsa match in Fort Wayne (Harlan). I’m the match director. Feel free to Pm or email or ask here if you have questions. We’d love to have you come shoot with us.

Registration will be posted at this link a few days prior or you can sign up at the match : https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ort-wayne-uspsa-2020-match-announcements.html. Basic info like club address, cost, etc also at that link.

-rvb

I do not have enough posts to PM you sir. I’ve only been on here two days. I will probably come out next season. I still need a few odds and ends for a shoot. I might come out and watch a match though. That way I don’t come in completely blind. I appreciate all your help thus far. As soon as I have enough posts, I’ll be pm’ing you!

Top Bottom