Last edited:

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Worth knowing about if you are shooting a CZ without a firing pin block I think. I used to shoot a CZ75-CTS-LS and can confirm that they will fire if you screw up and drop one on concrete and have a worst case combination (extended firing pin & reduced weight spring kit, soft federal primers).

https://13wham.com/news/local/man-dies-after-accidental-discharge-at-indoor-shooting-range

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/289942-cz-shadows-tsos-not-drop-safe/

A sad story indeed. Prayers for all involved. As I have taken sarcastic comments before I still will only compete with safe factory triggers in all my guns. The need to tweak the guts, tape safeties down, remove safeties, all to get a competitive trigger pull is a happening waiting for an accident. I donÂ’t know the particulars regarding this as the story never seems to exactly match what happened. perhaps the gun in question was unaltered and that will open a new can of worms. But it is a good reminder that learning to shoot anything well is more important than shooting an unsafe gun. .sad day indeed but as I have said before....saw it coming. Bad hand loading, misbuilt guns, catastrophic failures in front of your face, and dead ROÂ’s are all shooter driven problems. While I preach be safe, many ignore the possibility and spew hate mail. I pray for all involved but hope a lesson can be learned. God Bless.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    If the allegation of the OP is correct, then what is being talked about is a factory gun with no more inherent deficiency than a series 70 colt.

"Missed his holster?" On a make-ready? :ugh:

This is why we can't have nice things. Get your Shadow 2 while you can, lol. If the shooter is penniless, the chasers will be after CZ next. I wondered how long we would be able to buy big-boy toys with real triggers, before somebody messed it up for everyone.

(In before blather about building character by shooting bad triggers...)

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    This is why we can't have nice things. Get your Shadow 2 while you can, lol. If the shooter is penniless, the chasers will be after CZ next. I wondered how long we would be able to buy big-boy toys with real triggers, before somebody messed it up for everyone.

Thats what happened to Remington 700 triggers, thanks to 60 minutes and lawyers. Billybobs drive coffin nails into good guns.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    [video=youtube;YXwf8-VnJlg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXwf8-VnJlg&fbclid=IwAR28s9H3bQmHmoP7fkD_-bzw4ZHP0neNaHim3w1dg3GX5Gc60_JDdf2HgIQ[/video]

Top Bottom