• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    How many members are here ? I went to a bowling pin shoot there this weekend and had a blast :rockwoot:We have them every second Sat of every month at 10 am hope to see some of you there .

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I am a member, but I dont attend any of the bowling pin shoots.

I love the club, just don't have time for too many matches.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Yes, I have been a member there since the late '80s. Alot has changed over the years, it is a very nice facility.

I havent had the time to attend any of the bowling pin shoots, my teenager is really wanting to attend some. We hope to shoot 'em this summer.

Did you shoot centerfire, rimfire or both? I thought we would shoot .45acp and .22lr when we go.:draw:

Sounds like a good time,

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yes, I have been a member there since the late '80s. Alot has changed over the years, it is a very nice facility.

I havent had the time to attend any of the bowling pin shoots, my teenager is really wanting to attend some. We hope to shoot 'em this summer.

Did you shoot centerfire, rimfire or both? I thought we would shoot .45acp and .22lr when we go.:draw:

Sounds like a good time,

I haven't shot them at Martinsville, but I have at Marion Country Fish & Game and it is great fun.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Member there too. Have gone there maybe 4 times so far this year, maybe 5. Never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a spot. Usually no one is there, and when someone is there - they are very kind.

Nice range.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I shot .45 and .22lr I didnt have a .22 but another shooter had and extra and twisted my arm and made me use it lol . Now I have to go buy a .22 pistol any sugjestions ? Was pricing the rugers but they seem kinda high and also seen a s&w for about half the price !

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I was a member last year, but never made a shoot. :dunno:

I was not able to rejoin this year due to not having the money, can anyone come to the pin shoots? If so I may come and get my butt handed to me, but have fun anyway!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I just joined this year. Haven't had a chance to get there yet though. Hope to be able to get there soon. I got the e-mail about the pin shoot. Do they always send out notifications for all events?

fastheads

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2008
    Southwest side
    I was there also. It was a good time. I wish they would have shot a couple more rounds though. I can't wait till next months shoot. That gives me some time to work on speed and accuracy.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    How do you guys train for bowling pin shoots? Do you set up multiple targets somehow? Just practice drawing and shooting a single target?

The best training is actually doing it. Taking shots at multiple targets (just use a target that has multiple bullseyes on it) helps with shooting and moving to the next target.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I'm a new member. Going to keep an eye out for the next match. Sounds like fun.:):

Bowling Pin Shoots...What are they all about?
    WHEN: 2nd Sat. of each month 10 AM - 2 PM (approx.) From Apr-Nov. (Apr and Nov. matches are only heald if weather permits)

2008 SCHEDULE: April 12 (weather?), May 10, Jun 14, July 12, Aug 9, Sep 13, Oct 11 and Nov 8 (weather?)
    WHERE: At the first pistol range

OBJECTIVE: Participants are paired with another shooter by random draw and compete on an elimination basis. Object of the Bowling Pin Shoot (pin shoot) is for shooter to be the first of his/her pairing to CLEAR their table of 5 bowling pins placed at 25 feet from the firing line, so speed and accuracy are both factors. Knockdowns do NOT count, pin must completely clear the table.

Winners of each pairing then compete against each other until there is one final winner of that "round". 3-5 total rounds will typically be done for each of the three classes depending on number of shooters. - All participants must wear eye & ear protection

Thats off of the web site, and they do send out emails too.

I hope to attend some over the summer, see ya there!!!

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    How hard is it to join, before they fill up? That seems like a great range, and pretty close to me. Do I just need to make sure to send in an application on Jan 1st?

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    How to join.

Keep an eye on our website - we will post when we will start taking new memberships. Next year we won't start taking memberships until later since doing the membership thing is extremely time consuming and coming during the holidays it tends to make some of our significant others not so jolly when we can't be home to help. I will try to remember to add a thread here when we intend to start taking new members app's.\

Oh it is a great club but I may be prejudiced!:lmfao:

Top Bottom