• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Went and shot an ACT instructional league match today. I'd forgotten how much fun these things are. I'd also forgotten how nerve wracking it is stepping up to the line with a bunch of folks watching, and how much you can learn very quickly. You can learn more about how to really handle a gun in half a minute while simultaneously problem solving you can in a year's worth of bullseye shooting. And it's waaaay more FUN! As was getting to meet a couple more INGOers in person. Thanks for the invite, guys!

Cathy shot some pictures and videos, so here they are, the good the bad, and the ugly LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ywtCspNz8"]YouTube - ACT Shooting Match 010[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwRzW1o6FCc"]YouTube - ACT Shooting Match 011[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrDxB75SBTU"]YouTube - ACT Shooting Match 012[/ame]

ACTShootingMatch004.jpg

ACTShootingMatch005.jpg

ACTShootingMatch006.jpg

ACTShootingMatch007.jpg

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Joe,

It was great shooting with you today. It was nice seeing your family out there with you. Hope to see you at other matches

Doug :welcome:

It was certainly a pleasure shooting with you, and everyone else!

Cathy had a lot of fun. Sean was quite disappointed he didn't get to shoot the match. He's still fairly well convinced he could have held his own with our Ruger Bearcat LOL.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Good shooting with you Joe
    I will see you at Riley

And with you!

Right now, I'm planning on being at Riley. Here's hoping my ammo makes minor... I'd intended to chrono it today to make sure it would out of my gun, but it's a tad damp out. This load sent 124 gr bullets out the barrel of my Beretta 92FS at about 1065 fps, but I don't know yet what it makes out of the three inch barrel of my XD9sc.

Not much I could do about it if they don't... I'm only a tenth of a grain shy of max, and I'm not loading it any hotter. No time to find and develope another load with a different powder anyway.

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Right now, I'm planning on being at Riley. Here's hoping my ammo makes minor... I'd intended to chrono it today to make sure it would out of my gun, but it's a tad damp out. ]

Joe,

Don't worry about making minor. This is a club match and there won't be a chrono. Come shoot and have fun and develop your load over the winter. Looking forward to seeing you and the family.

Doug

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Joe,

Don't worry about making minor. This is a club match and there won't be a chrono. Come shoot and have fun and develop your load over the winter. Looking forward to seeing you and the family.

Doug

Cool, thank you :)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Good shooting with you Joe
    I will see you at Riley

We are going to miss Riley. Too much overtime for me and Cathy this week, we are simply too tired to wake up early, and don't have the money since we haven't gotten paid for the OT. Well, I haven't. Cathy is the director of her day care, and on salary. No extra $$ for her. I'm bummed, last weekend really whetted my appetite to start shooting matches again. I didn't shoot as well or as fast as I used to, but I had forgotten how much sheer fun it is. Hopefully there will be another one or two before the season ends.

Cathy wants to start shooting them, too. She can target shoot time, it's time for her to learn more about how to use her gun. Time for her to get some experience and training from someone besides me. Maybe she'll listen :D

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We are going to miss Riley. Too much overtime for me and Cathy this week, we are simply too tired to wake up early, and don't have the money since we haven't gotten paid for the OT. Well, I haven't. Cathy is the director of her day care, and on salary. No extra $$ for her. I'm bummed, last weekend really whetted my appetite to start shooting matches again. I didn't shoot as well or as fast as I used to, but I had forgotten how much sheer fun it is. Hopefully there will be another one or two before the season ends.

Cathy wants to start shooting them, too. She can target shoot time, it's time for her to learn more about how to use her gun. Time for her to get some experience and training from someone besides me. Maybe she'll listen :D

Atlanta has a match next Sunday, and we have one more at Riley. ACT would be willing to help her with instruction. Hope to see you all next weekend.

Top Bottom