• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Any body a member here?

I went years ago to one of the indoor .22 matches. Id like to go again.

I'll tell you - there were only about 2 or 3 friendly people to help me that first night. Not many others. I got a lot of dirty looks for some reason. Felt really uncomfortable.

Id like to try again. Maybe this time with different results?

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm a long term member and would have to say the crew that's running the Club is some of the easiest to get along with guys I know,

I think you need to come back in and try again, I know that we've worked hard to bring people into the club and to promote all kinds of shooting events and have been supporting a very active youth air gun program.

We have spent a bunch of money over the last couple years to improve the indoor and outdoor range, we have an active NRA Highpower program and we just discussed at the last match on having more fun matches for rimfire shooters to get some new blood in.

You have to be careful when you get in with a group of guys who have known each other for many years, There may be long standing jokes and jabs that it takes a while to get used to.

I know that I was at a shoot today today and I came off wrong in a conversation about 22 rimfires, I made a comment about brands of 22 pistols that after the fact came off as arrogant and condescending but I didn't mean it that way. I'm sure there are a few guys at Morgan county that think I'm a real butthead tonight but nothing I can do about it now.

So why don't you check out the website schedule and come in. If you need any info on the match just let me know.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm sure there are a few guys at Morgan county that think I'm a real butthead tonight but nothing I can do about it now.

And at least one in Columbus. :D

X10 is right on. The club really does have a lot great people to shoot with.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I just joined this past Thursday night. I shot a rimfire pistol and a rifle match with them. Had a great time. All the guys (10) seemed like good guys. Everyone was doing their own thing, but did not make me feel uncomfortable in the least. The guys I asked for help were more than willing to show me the ropes. I'm really looking forward to future participation with the club and getting to know the members.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    :hijack:

x10, did you attend the pin shoot at martinsville this month? How many were at the match? I couldn't be there b/c I was getting the furance fixed in the new house :spend:

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    :hijack:

x10, did you attend the pin shoot at martinsville this month? How many were at the match? I couldn't be there b/c I was getting the furance fixed in the new house :spend:

I was there but I think I'm starting to wear out my welcome. attendance was lower than in the past. I was talking and I think I came off wrong to some guys, I get focused and I get less than tactful about my opinions,

we'll have to see,

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Yes the cost of membership is the same, we cut the cost at the end of the year and add it to next year if you wish or just charge 1/2 after august

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    If you come in today the cost would be 35, get everything ready for Jan 1st its 75, If you wanted to pay Next year and this year right now it would be 90.

We had to do this because we had members just coming in and paying for Nov and December and it was screwing up the budgets and really not the spirit of what maintaining the club.

Top Bottom