Knob Creek MG course. Does Indiana have any full-auto shooting sport/venues?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Anyone see Knob Creek's MG (SMG) course? I got to watch some folks running their course on the Saturday of the MG shoot.

Looks like fun, if not expensive. They said the one girl had been shooting for ten years, since the age of 11. :)

Is there a similar shooting sport or venue in Indiana for full auto enthusiasts?

I also liked the suppressors many used.

And as a note, while watching and talking with another guy, not THAT close to the line, we had a bit of lead fly in between us from a ricochet. That had to have been 40 feet away, btw, too.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    FWIW, I asked Dave last Saturday if they would have a match next year, his response was " Oh, my God I hope not!" pretty much sums it up to me.

He mentioned health issues, plus the logistics, many here know, yet refuse to admit or recognize that I was involved with that match the first three years of it, then internal issues forced me out. Big matches like that require a lot of logistics management, TEAMWORK and COOPERATION, many lose sight and track of that, especially when a few jump in and do as much as they can for they love it.

For The O.P. there are sub gun matches at Red Brush, down by Newburgh, long drive but a great range with a great group of guys, and at Deer Creek up by Fairmount, IN also a great range with an equally good group of people.

Old Trails, just south of Richmond is an excellent range, it's unfortunate that there will not be any more subgun matches there, but they do still allow full auto fire.

The O.P.'s final line says it all about eye protection.

PERSONAL COMMENT EDITORAL FOLLOWS, MY OPINION ONLY:

Been shooting the KCR course since 1996, this was a good course plagued by stupid rules and very poorly administered by "range officers" if that's what you want to call them, I prefer "red shirted thugs", who are losers on top of that, very poorly managed course, very poor, but YMMV.

People lose sight of the fact that not all of us are high speed low drag shooters.

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    Red Brush Rifle Range in Newburgh has some Sub Machine gun stuff I beleive on the 3rd sun of every month or so. You can shoot full auto up there any time but they have matches on the 3rd sun of every month, Sounds like a ton of fun I have been told about them .. But my luck ends up with something always going on and I dont get to make it up there for the shoots:ar15:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Old Trails, just south of Richmond is an excellent range, it's unfortunate that there will not be any more subgun matches there

So ISSMC is dead for good? Not having been involved at the organizational level, I haven't been privy to all the politics and back-story. But from a shooter's perspective, that's really unfortunate.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    I will be amazed if it arises.

A real shame, for it's such a great location and the range has infinite possibilities, just and unfortunate chain of events. I'm sure others would disagree, their entitled to their opinions, just like I have mine.

Top Bottom