• ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Shooters,​

Our Bowling Pin Shooting match will be next Saturday, October 24th. We will begin setup at 7:30 am, and we'll need help from volunteers. We will have a shooters' meeting (required for new shooters) at 7:45 am to explain the rules and at 8:00 am sharp, we will begin shooting. We'll be charging $3 per bracket for club members and $4 per bracket for non-members, with all money going towards the club or making the competition better.

Bowling Pin Shooting is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of a range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe area". Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

** PLEASE MAKE A NOTE AS THE FOLLOWING ITEMS HAVE CHANGED **

Due to inflation, we have raised prices to $3 for club members and $4 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or making the competition better. This puts us at the same cost as many of the local steel and USPSA matches. Our goal is to help offset the rising costs of insurance, fuel, and taxes so that we provide a financially stable club for many generations to come.

Range commands. We will be using the following range commands, which are consistent with Friday Night Steel, Steel Challenge, and USPSA:
    "Make ready"
    "Are you ready"
    "Standby"
    "Tweet"...the whistle noise :)
    "Stop" or "Cease Fire" if there are unsafe conditions
    "If finished unload and show clear"
    "If clear, hammer down, holster"

8 rounds per magazine or speedloader. We will now allow 8 rounds to be loaded in your magazine or speedloader.

Alternating "Standard" and "Pinheads". We will alternate brackets of Standard Bowling Pin Shooting and brackets of Pinheads. Make sure you bring out your .22!

3 magazines or speed loaders is the minimum number of magazines recommended. We will not allow shooters (or their friends) to load magazines or speedloaders at the shooting line, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors. If you do not bring enough magazines or speedloaders to knock all the pins off the table, the other shooter will be awarded the victory. If both shooters run out of ammo, it will be declared a tie, and the next shooter will receive a "bye".

Ports, Comps, Rifles, and Optics gain you 1 pin. Ports, compensators, rifles, and optics are included in the same category of items that gain you 1 more pin per table.

Rules are posted at www.IndyRange.com: If you have any questions about the match, please read the rules posted at:

www.IndyRange.com (look under "Programs and Events" > "Bowling Pins")

If you are unable to find an answer posted in the rules, please feel free to email us. Please let us know if you are willing to help as an RO, or as a scorekeeper for the match. Volunteers are the lifeblood of our sport, and of our club. With our numbers continuing to grow, we ask that everyone does their part to make the match run as smoothly as possible. Please be ready when it is your time on the firing line, help to reset the pins, and volunteer to keep score.

If you're new to competitive shooting, we encourage you to check out the following site. It shows upcoming shooting events for 3-gun, Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup), Bowling Pin Shooting, Cowboy Action Shooting (SASS), ICORE, IDPA, Multi-gun, Steel Challenge, and USPSA.

www.indygunracers.com

See you at the Range!
    Chuck Bjork
    BowlingPinShooting@gmail.com

"As to species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with a ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson 8 Papers of Thomas Jefferson 407 (J. Boyd ed., 1953)

If you wish to be removed from this email list, please email me and you will be promptly removed.​

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    This is full of WIN! Though as luck would have it, I have a prior commitment this particular Saturday morning that takes priority....

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Good Weather

Shooters,
    It looks like we should have cool, crisp Fall weather for Saturday morning! Weather.com is predicting 46 degrees and only a 20% chance of rain. See you guys there!
    Chuck

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I would like to make it, I've never been there would someone volunteer to shepherd me around a bit so I don't make a fool out of myself

Sure...
    it's a lot like the pin shooting we've done at Martinsville, but is a little faster paced.

Also similarly to Martinsville - Beware of the guys with revolvers... they win a lot of the time.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I would like to make it, I've never been there would someone volunteer to shepherd me around a bit so I don't make a fool out of myself

No problem. Please introduce yourself when you get there; I'll be the one doing the shooter's meeting @ 7:45 am.
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have to drop my kids off will it matter if I"m not there right at 8 or if I"m not there at 8 its a no go?

X10,
    We're requiring the shooter's meeting for all new shooters, so that we can go over the safety info with them before they shoot. This also means that new shooters get a free practice round before the match. I hope to see you there!
    Chuck

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I missed this one, my bad, I appreciate the offers of help.
    Couldn't get the kids in the right spot early enough and wife ended up getting called into work,

I'll be there one day

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I missed this one, my bad, I appreciate the offers of help.
    Couldn't get the kids in the right spot early enough and wife ended up getting called into work,

I'll be there one day

x10,
    Sorry you missed this one! We had a good turnout, despite the weather this weekend. Please watch for our notification next month!
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

rlynch25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    South East Indy
    Attended my first bowling pin shoot last Saturday. I absolutely will be back. A lot of fun. CHIZZLE did a great job keeping it safe and enjoyable. I think I will be bringing 2-3 additional people next time.

Now I need to buy a .22 for the pinheads!

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Attended my first bowling pin shoot last Saturday. I absolutely will be back. A lot of fun. CHIZZLE did a great job keeping it safe and enjoyable. I think I will be bringing 2-3 additional people next time.

Now I need to buy a .22 for the pinheads!

Thanks for the kind compliments; we work hard to provide a safe, enjoyable shooting environment. We look forward to you coming next time and bringing some additional friends; we can always use the help to make the program better and better!
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

Top Bottom