• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    There appears to be a growing interest in Highpower among the INGO community, so I thought I'd start a thread.

I'll try and keep this first post updated with links to the clubs that hold matches along with any other information deemed necessary.

NRA NRA Competitions links to rulebooks, results, etc.

ISRPA State Association Indiana State Rifle And Pistol Association - Home

CIHPRS CIHPRS Home they host most of the matches held at Camp Atterbury 200, 300 and 500 or 600 yard matches

Hoosier Hills Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club 100 yard reduced course matches

Fall Creek Valley FALL CREEK VALLEY CONSERVATION CLUB 100 yard reduced course matches

Wildcat Valley Wildcat Valley Rifle and Pistol Club 200, 300 yard reduced course matches

Southern Indiana (Borden) southernindianarifleandpistolclub.com - southernindianarifleandpistolclub.com 200, 300 and 500 yard matches

Fort Wayne Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Gun Club... Home 200, 300 yard reduced course matches

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    HHRP is going to have "Learn to shoot Highpower" night in the schedule this year,

Our highpower program has been a source of pride for many years but over the last 2 years the interest has really dropped off,

For the first time in at least 15 years he are moving our Highpower program to a couple week league in the summer instead of the year round event its always been.

But it looks like the interest is being pickup up in action pistol, HHRP is looking to pick up the slack in a action pistol league

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I love Highpower competition, but I believe that we need to bring more people into the sport.

I am hopeful that CMP Rimfire Sporter matches and clinics may be one of the ways. With that in mind, FWRR will be hosting at least three Rimfire Sporter matches in 2010. We will also be hosting at least one Appleseed in 2010.

We will also have a CMP clinic in May with a 30 shot match afterward and a Garand/Springfield/Military bolt action match in September. This gives those of you with Mosin Nagants and K98's and smellies a place to shoot them....

BTW, the first Highpower match of the year is in Oak Ridge, TN the first weekend in March.

Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Gun Club... Home The schedule is yet to be posted, but will be soon.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    There appears to be a growing interest in Highpower among the INGO community, so I thought I'd start a thread.

I'll try and keep this first post updated with links to the clubs that hold matches along with any other information deemed necessary.

NRA NRA Competitions links to rulebooks, results, etc.

ISRPA State Association Indiana State Rifle And Pistol Association - Home

CIHPRS CIHPRS Home they host most of the matches held at Camp Atterbury 200, 300 and 500 or 600 yard matches

Hoosier Hills Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club 100 yard reduced course matches

Fall Creek Valley FALL CREEK VALLEY CONSERVATION CLUB 100 yard reduced course matches

Wildcat Valley Wildcat Valley Rifle and Pistol Club 200, 300 yard reduced course matches

Southern Indiana (Borden) southernindianarifleandpistolclub.com - southernindianarifleandpistolclub.com 200, 300 and 500 yard matches

Fort Wayne Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Gun Club... Home 200, 300 yard reduced course matches
    In addition to the regular NRA/CMP highpower course of fire there some "highpower sporting rifle" matches too. FCVCC has one a year. These matches are a "level field" for new shooters who have a bolt gun or M4 etc. and haven't geared up with shooting coats etc.

PMY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I shoot Highpower & CMP matches every month at Southern Michigan Gun Club in Kalamazoo. They alternate every other month between HP & Garand/Springfield or Vintage/Carbine.

I'm planning on making a match or two this summer in Fort Wayne and Lafayette, and hopefully making down to Atterbury for the EIC matches. I'd love to shoot more Highpower & CMP matches in nothern Indiana. I don't quite have every Saturday booked up with a match yet. But I'm trying!

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    2010 Atterbury Schedule
    The following dates have been requested from Atterbury:
    March 20 (Work Day)
    March 27 (3 X 500) (NOT NRA Approved)
    April 10 RMC (Appleseed Invitational) (NRA approved match)
    April 24 RMC (Appleseed Invitational) (NRA approved match)
    April 25 Long Range (1000 x 2) (NRA approved match)
    May 8 RMC (NRA approved match)
    May 29-30 (Memorial Day Weekend) Long Range (1000 x 2; irons Saturday, Any/Any Sunday) (NRA approved match)
    June 12-13 RMC (NRA approved match)
    June 26 RMC (NRA approved match)
    June 27 Long Range (1000 x 2) (NRA approved match)
    July 10-11 (ISRPA REGIONAL & LEG) (NRA Registered Match)
    July 24 (Rain date for Regional vs. Perry Practice)
    July 25 Long Range (1000 x 2) (NRA approved match)
    September 4 ISRPA State Championship Across the Course (80 Rounds 200-500 yards) (NRA Registered Match)
    September 5 ISRPA State Championship Long Range (1000 x 2, 1 Iron/1 Any) (NRA Registered Match)
    September 26 (Rain Date for State Long Range vs. Marine Corps Cup Match—1000 pt agg)
    October 16 M1/M1A match (NOT NRA Approved)
    October 30 3 x 500? (NOT NRA Approved)

Dates have been requested and are pending approval by Atterbury. An increase in training and deployments is anticipated for 2010 so CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR UPDATES.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I'm looking forward to the April 10 match. It will be the first 80 shot match since I got the best knees money can buy....Maybe I can walk all the way to the pits. See you there!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    RMC is NRA Regional Match Course.

2 sighters, then 20 shots standing slow fire at 200 yards. Time limit of 22 minutes.

The next stage is 2 sighters, followed by two strings of 10 shots rapid fire with a magazine change at 200 yards in the sitting position. Time limit is two minutes for the sighters and 60 seconds for each string of 10 shots.

The next stage is 2 sighters, followed by two strings of 10 shots rapid fire with a magazine change at 300 yards in the prone position. Time limit is two minutes for the sighters and 70 seconds for each string of ten shots.

The next stage is 2 sighters, followed by 20 shots prone slow fire at 600 yards. Time limit is 22 minutes.

Wildcat and FWRR and other ranges that only go out to 300 yards use a 600 yard target reduced to 300 yards (MR63). It is a tough little target and I think it is harder than shooting on a 600 yard target.

This is a total of 80 shots for record with a possible of 800 points. My highest score ever, on this course is a 784. Lilratt shoots high 780's to low 790's pretty regular.

This is all centerfire. No rimfire. A Match AR15 shooting 69 or 75's will work, as well as a match conditioned M1A shooting 168's.

If you want to try it, let me know in advance and I will bring a match AR Service rifle for you.

Long range is anything 800 yards or more and all long range is prone slow fire.

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Think you can clean 300 again?
    See you there!

It was a very good day last September when I cleaned that awful little target. If Big daddy messes with me again, I'll have to buttstroke him. I still can't believe he did what he did. I still love him though....

It will be good to see you and Alicia there. We should ride together.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I am going to try to make the April 10 match. Looking for a new upper this weekend at the 1500. I am going to be short on gear, (spotting scope and all them high speed accesories). If anyone is going thru Anderson to get there maybe we can share a ride and/or gear:D.

Top Bottom