Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

IDPA at Hamilton County Fish & Game

Copied from Jason at HCFG,

IDPA at Hamilton County Fish & game this Saturday.

We will be up to our usual fun and excitement in a safe manner this saturday August 9th. Everyone knows the drill by now and I won’t bore you with a long message. IF you are NEW to us let me know!!!!!! Send me an email ( e426c187@verizon.net ) and I will let you know the do’s and don’ts for HCFG

I say this since we are now listed on indyracegun.com which lists all area matches of any kind and will soon be listed on INGO.

You will need a dummy round for your pistol.

Set up 8am
    Registration 9am
    Safety Briefing 9:15
    MATCH BEGINS After Safety Briefing
    Round count 59 plus
    Match Fee $15

Jason
    HCFG Secretary
    IDPA Co-MD
    Last edited by JBLee; 08-07-2008 at 08:09.
    What's the matter Col. Sanders? Chicken?

User Info Menu

I'm planning to go as a spectator. Is there anything I need to know? What's the starting time?

Actually, you might as well go ahead and post the do's and don't here anyway.

Edit: Never mind, I just saw the safety briefing and starting time part.
    Last edited by Scutter01; 08-07-2008 at 08:19.

Meh.

User Info Menu

I agree with Scutter. I'm not familiar with IDPA style matches and would love to read a rundown.

Thanks.

User Info Menu

Here is a good place to start, the IDPA main page:

International Defensive Pistol Association

And a link to the Rule Book:

http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf

On a more personal level I can tell you IDPA is a LOT of fun and very educational. The P in IDPA stands for "Practical" and in my opinion that is the most important part. IDPA will teach you the practical use of your personal protection firearm using various live fire scenarios, i.e. courses, under timed conditions. Accuracy and expediency are both challenged by the various courses and you will learn a lot about just what happens when you bring your firearm into play. It's a great way to become familiar with what happens when poop hits the whirling oscillator. I guess you could compare it to paintball, except you are using live fire at paper targets simulating bad guys. Bottom line it is a great way to hone, or DEVELOP, your skills with your firearm.

The other great thing is that you get to spend time with some very knowledgeable and friendly gun owners and make friends. The competition is there, for sure, but the experience of actually firing your chosen form of protection in a stressful situation is invaluable.
    What's the matter Col. Sanders? Chicken?

no longer pays the bills

User Info Menu

I'm tempted to try this.
    On Instagram @ingunowners
    On Facebook /ingunowners

Forum Rules
    Classifieds Rules

INGO FAQ
    Click here to become an INGO
    Click here if you are interested in advertising

Please do not PM me with general forum questions. Post questions in Forum Support

User Info Menu

Man up Fenway! I nominate you to be the official face of INGO at the match on Saturday!

no longer pays the bills

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by W9ZEB View Post
    Man up Fenway! I nominate you to be the official face of INGO at the match on Saturday!
    On Instagram @ingunowners
    On Facebook /ingunowners

Forum Rules
    Classifieds Rules

INGO FAQ
    Click here to become an INGO
    Click here if you are interested in advertising

Please do not PM me with general forum questions. Post questions in Forum Support

User Info Menu

I'd be there, but I have another obligation.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Try it Fen, it is fun and better training IMHO than just shooting at targets at the range.

I might start showing up when I get all my house painting and moving done. Really wish I had time to go to this and the NFA day.
    Appleseed Rifleman - 228 - I know what I am about.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indyjoe View Post
    Try it Fen, it is fun and better training IMHO than just shooting at targets at the range.
    +1 on that. I've shot IDPA two months in a row at ACC and it's great fun. There are some terms to understand carefully, like "tactical sequence" vs "tactical priority". Just go out there and shoot!

Hey you! Join the NRA, SAF or GOA

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast