So much for freedom of speech and expression.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Seeing perspectives such as this explains everything about why this Republic is in the downward spiral it is in. Weak-willed, weak-minded souls...

In order to protect people from their fellow citizens the government would have to be empowered to limit speech. You'e thinking in circles and you have yourself surrounded.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Ok OP, let us try a different approach. Back when the Dixie Chicks were bashing Bush, many radio stations refused to play their music. Should someone have stepped in and made them keep airing the Dixie Chicks?

Are you old enough to remember Jimmy The Greek getting fired almost 29 years ago from CBS for something he said?

Seriously??? Has that been 29 years?? I would have guessed half that...:faint:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Seeing perspectives such as this explains everything about why this Republic is in the downward spiral it is in. Weak-willed, weak-minded souls...

I am neither a weak-willed nor a weak-minded soul, but you have chosen an indefensible position on this one.

Step back, check your perspective, start over.

Are you ATM's shill account?

One of several, I suspect. ;)

Looks like ATM is talking to himself again.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh, but you`re exactly wrong on this. It`s hardly free if there`s a price to pay. This is the usual liberal response, and unacceptable, PERIOD!

Stupid to expect freedom of expression? Only for cold-hearted sheep who kneel down to a despotic government and intolerant society.

Once again, WRONG. Our Constitution guarantees freedom of expression and speech. It`s only negotiable if sheep lay down their rights. What`s right is NOT right only when/if, it fits some predetermined criteria.

If one understands that the Constitution is in place to supposedly prevent a despotic government, but, also to protect the rights of the individual from a mob, there is no explanation necessary.

I`m not the self-proclaimed angry one. And not at all. Not ever was I looking for a rise out of anyone, other than to stoke the flames of indignation in defense of someone who is guilty of nothing, except exercise what is supposed to be a fundamental right in America. What is the issue with trying to get people to reexamine their views and perspectives, in a land of ignorance and apathy?

I can lead you to a perspective, unfortunately, I cannot make you think.

So, since you're interested in deep thinking, here's an intellectual exercise: what if a radio DJ called gun owners small-****ed pu**ies who need to give up their guns or get shot? In fact, said DJ suggested that every family member within 2 degrees of consanguinity of a gun owner should be executed to make sure "those" people are removed from society forever.

Would that DJ deserve to keep their job?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So, since you're interested in deep thinking, here's an intellectual exercise: what if a radio DJ called gun owners small-****ed pu**ies who need to give up their guns or get shot? In fact, said DJ suggested that every family member within 2 degrees of consanguinity of a gun owner should be executed to make sure "those" people are removed from society forever.

Would that DJ deserve to keep their job?

How dare you bring General William Tecumseh Sherman into this?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Oh boy.

If I own a business, I certainly want (and have) the right to fire someone for saying things that reflect poorly on my business. That's freedom.

As to me, taking away the right to fire someone for their speech is oppression.

.... 2 degrees of consanguinity...

No matter what the topic is, we just can't shut it off, can we?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

No matter what the topic is, we just can't shut it off, can we?

I thought about that, but how else are we supposed to express that? :D I like brevity and efficiency of language more than lowest-common-denominator writing.

Top Bottom