• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I really liked the Microtech Ultratech, but have to carry a Benchmade Infidel because I can use it left handed (weak side). The Ultratech comes out of the pocket the wrong way and I have to flip it over to get to the trigger. Other options will show up farther down the thread I'm sure.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I really liked the Microtech Ultratech, but have to carry a Benchmade Infidel because I can use it left handed (weak side). The Ultratech comes out of the pocket the wrong way and I have to flip it over to get to the trigger. Other options will show up farther down the thread I'm sure.

FYI: You can flip the pocket clip on a Ultratech to the front handle by loosening the glass breaker then flipping the pocket clip and then re-tightening the glass breaker.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I carry strong side with my knife as I rather have my flashlight weak side. Being able to use my flashlight is a higher consideration for me than my knife. pistol strong hand, flashlight support. Plus o don't like having multiple clips on the same pocket

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I carry strong side with my knife as I rather have my flashlight weak side. Being able to use my flashlight is a higher consideration for me than my knife. pistol strong hand, flashlight support. Plus o don't like having multiple clips on the same pocket

I carried my flashlight and knife strong side tonight and didn't like having both clips in my pocket. After reading your post I moved the light over to the weak side and kept the knife strong side. It works for me but I'm still thinking about the yeager msr tdr knife holster over the belt buckle. It would help to balance out the carry load. And I plan on keeping the fenix weak side from now on.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Large folder strong side, flashlight weak side (for the reason JollyMon mentioned), smaller folder (identical to primary except in size) clipped at top of weak side pocket parallel to belt. Larger pockets help; internal shape of pocket is also important. Most jeans are out. This is a consistent practice, and always a consideration tested in the dressing room when buying pants.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    FYI: You can flip the pocket clip on a Ultratech to the front handle by loosening the glass breaker then flipping the pocket clip and then re-tightening the glass breaker.
    I will have to try that. I like the knife on the left (weak) side because I trained for fencing left handed and am better with edged items in the left hand.

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    I don't carry a "real" knife around. Perhaps I should. Here's some advice from someone who may know what they are posting about.

The Gun Carrier?s Knife: Considerations | The Truth About Knives

I dont know what qualifies as a "real knife", so maybe I dont carry a "real" one either. I have several knifes, mostly folders. I usually carry one in my pocket and and a Buck 110. I would love to own some high end/custom blades. But alas, the budget says that aint happening, so I will just keep sharpening the ones I have.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I dont know what qualifies as a "real knife", so maybe I dont carry a "real" one either. I have several knifes, mostly folders. I usually carry one in my pocket and and a Buck 110. I would love to own some high end/custom blades. But alas, the budget says that aint happening, so I will just keep sharpening the ones I have.

Nothing wrong with a Buck 110! It's a classic and a great cutting tool.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Nothing wrong with a Buck 110! It's a classic and a great cutting tool.

Yup ... nothing like a 110 Buck to make ya happy. (says rhino and myself !) :):

i-JrhVjVJ-M.jpg

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    Yep, mine was a Fathers Day gift from my oldest while he was in the Army. I love to wear it, but baby it. I have other beater knives to abuse.

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    Actually, I would like to get something with Damascus steel. Just because I think they look neat, but I dont know enough about it to warrant spending money on it, lol.

Top Bottom